Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STP files in company's library

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
BeKirra
256 Views, 2 Replies

STP files in company's library

We often receive equipment drawings from suppliers. for example, fan models.

In most cases these models are stp files.

IAM files will be created and automatically be placed to "Imported Components" folder when stp files were inserted to assembly.

By using vault, how to manage these files in company's standard library directory?

Thanks in advance.

Please mark "Accept as Solution" and "Like" if my reply resolves the issue and it will help when others need helps.
= ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ =
A circle is the locus of a cursor, starting and ending at the same point on a plane in model space or in layout such that its distance from a given coordinates (X,Y) is always constant.
X² + Y² = C²
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
swalton
in reply to: BeKirra

Do you want to store the source stp files in Vault?

If so, I think you have to use the vault client and import them without using Inventor. 

You may be able to create a "3rd party file" link in the Inventor file, but I have not researched it. 

Steve Walton
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Inventor 2023
Vault Professional 2023
Message 3 of 3
BeKirra
in reply to: swalton

Thanks for your help.

I am new in using vault.

Quote 1:

Do you want to store the source stp files in Vault?

What is the pros & cons to store the stp files in vault?

Quote 2:

If so, I think you have to use the vault client and import them without using Inventor.

How to use vault client import the stp files?

Quote 3:

"3rd party file" link

I have never heard about this. Need more info.

Please mark "Accept as Solution" and "Like" if my reply resolves the issue and it will help when others need helps.
= ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ =
A circle is the locus of a cursor, starting and ending at the same point on a plane in model space or in layout such that its distance from a given coordinates (X,Y) is always constant.
X² + Y² = C²

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report