Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SQL Server requirements - Vault 2015 ADMS - AVFS

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
egil.sporild
754 Views, 4 Replies

SQL Server requirements - Vault 2015 ADMS - AVFS

Hello everyone.

Does anyone know if it's required to have full SQL server installed when running an replicated environment consisting of for example one Vault 2015 ADMS / SQL server with one or more connected AVFS?

Or is SQL Server express sufficient since we're running only one SQL Server?

Thanks in advance.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
DarrenP
in reply to: egil.sporild

SQL express does not do any replication as far as i know

edit: i take that back it looks it does do some replication according to this

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc645993.aspx

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 5
egil.sporild
in reply to: DarrenP

Yes, I know that. But is replication functionality really required when you have only one SQL server?

Thanks
Message 4 of 5
Neil_Cross
in reply to: egil.sporild

No, you won't need Full SQL Standard or Enterprise if running AVFS, Express should be fine.  

If you only have one Vault SQL Database, and the other sites are filestore only, there is no need for SQL publisher & subscriber replication therefore you won't need full SQL.  All traffic between sites will be handled by the AVFS and ADMS.  You'll be fine with Express.

Replication functionality is not required, this is referring to the 'Workgroup Replication' options that you'll see in the ADMS.

Message 5 of 5
ihayesjr
in reply to: Neil_Cross

While Neil is correct, you need to consider the performance of SQL Express in such a large environment.  If you have more than 1 AVFS, SQL Express may not perform well.  You need to take that into consideration for your environment.

Irvin Hayes Jr
Sr. Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Vault - Under the Hood Blog

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report