Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SQL 2008 R2 SP1 - Safe to install cumulutative updates?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
hans.martin.haga
279 Views, 2 Replies

SQL 2008 R2 SP1 - Safe to install cumulutative updates?

We're having problems with Vault replication, where ownership is not properly transferred (Vault Collaboration 2013 SP 1). I have adjusted sql replication agent settings, but still problems. One of the replica sites is in China, so there is a lot of latency from Norway.

Microsoft has released a cumulative upgrade to SQL 2008 R2 SP1, which is supposed to solve some problems concerning replication across a slow/high latency network connections.

Are cumulative updates to SQL 2008 R2 SP1 supported by autodesk? Is it safe to install?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
minkd
in reply to: hans.martin.haga

Some of the support folks told me that for SQL 2008 R2 SP1 you should install cumulative update 3.

-Dave

Dave Mink
Fusion Lifecycle
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 3 of 3
hans.martin.haga
in reply to: minkd

Microsoft are up to cumulative update 11 for SQL 2008 R2 SP1 now. I have installed C11 on my own test system, and can't see any ill effects. Backup and restore also runs without problems.

I can't see cumulative updates for SQL-server being mentioned in the system requirements for Vault 2013, perhaps this should be addressed?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report