Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something strange with Vault this morning

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
wkoehn
371 Views, 4 Replies

Something strange with Vault this morning

Hello all,

We have noticed several strange things with Vault today. First is files that were checked in last night but this morning all changes were lost and the last versions show a checkin date of a week ago. This same user had to attempt to check a file in several times today before a refresh would show it as checked in from the Vault explorer. On my machine when I log into Vault Client all the folder structure shows up but all folders are empty when in list view even after a refresh. If we change the view to small or large icons the parts show up. Also Inventor consistently crashes on my machine when I try to open from Vault.

Vault Basic 2014 server installed on Windows Server Standard 2012

Product Design Suites Premium and Ultimate 2013

Any ideas? Thanks in advance,

Wade

Win10 Pro 64Bit | PDSU 2016 | Vault Pro 2016
SuperMicro X10SRA | Xeon E5-1650v3 3.5 Ghz 6 core | 32 Gb ram
(1) Samsung 850 Pro | (2) Samsung 950 Pro | EVGA GTX 980 Ti
4 REPLIES 4
Message 3 of 5
wkoehn
in reply to: cbenner

No I haven't. We just moved to Vault maybe a month ago and I'm pretty new to this IT and Cad admin stuff so you guys will have to bear with me. I will try to restart this server tonight. Is this a fairly common occurrence with Vault? Kind of discouraging when you lose 4 hrs of work... 

Message 4 of 5
olearya
in reply to: wkoehn

HI Wade,

There does seem to be something wrong here - although I am interested to see if rebooting the server did make any change to performance I would suggest having from your Autodesk reseller to come out and look at the set up, files not checking in or not appearing in your grid are not normal behaviors and you may have a bigger issue here.  

Allan
Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 5 of 5
wkoehn
in reply to: olearya

Hi,

We finally got around to installing PDS 2014 and all seems to be working as it should. I did restart the server also just in case.

Wade

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report