Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow to check out files from Vault

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
karthur1
933 Views, 5 Replies

Slow to check out files from Vault

Dont really know if this should be posted here or on the Vault NG.  The problem is that when in an iam and Inventor wants to check out the files, I click "yes to All".  Sometimes the "Retreiving files from Vault" dialog will come up and run through the files very fast.... other times it is really slow.  Imaging watching this while it checks out 1000+ files.

http://screencast.com/t/xzriFxzKxBGg

I have seen this in 2012 and 2013.  Very painful to watch.  Anyone else?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Senthil_Kumar
in reply to: karthur1

Is there any specific workflow or you are seeing that dialog on every check out?

Senthil Kumar
Development Manager,
Autodesk, Inc.

Be sure to check out the Vault Help!
Message 3 of 6
mark-j-a

We are having the same problem here Cat Mad.

Workflow is simple -

Click Check out all ----> OK (not sure how much hard it could be)

This is serious; causing us massive production delays at the moment, we originally believed that it could have been our network speed, however we have tested it on a GibaByte network connections and still have the problem, it is rediculus taking in some case 10 minutes to upload just 30MB of information.

As a side note - I have never seen a release of autodesk products with so many problems that have been experienced with 2013 release.

AutoDESK have completely dropped the ball with the 2013 release, all of the hard work done over the last 5 years has completely been undone with the 2013 product releases. Coupled with Autodesk and its resellers complete inability to accept fault and help its users to get back on track, my company think of changing CAD systems.

I feel disappointed and embarssed to refer other people to use Autodesk Products.

Apologies for the rant, however I am completely unsatisified and extremely annoyed especially considering the hundreds of thousands of dollars we have spent on Autodesk Products and setting specific servers and network requirements over the past years.

Message 4 of 6
Senthil_Kumar
in reply to: mark-j-a

Mark,

I tried the same workflow. Open From Vault->Check out all. I tried it on an assembly with 550 parts ( 12,000 instances). However I did not see the "download" dialog for all the files. I saw only few times ( 3 to 4 times). It was pretty fast as Arthur mentioned. So I am still not able to reproduce the exact issue. Any further information to reproduce the issue will be highly appreciated.

You have also mentioned that "Uploading" takes time. So I am not sure whether your problem is related to Download or upload.

Senthil Kumar
Development Manager,
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 5 of 6
karthur1
in reply to: Senthil_Kumar

Senthil,

This does not happen on every checkout... just on some of them.  I cant make it do it either.  The video in my original post no longer works.  Jing probably deletes the files after awhile.

Here is the video again if you were not able to see it the first time.

http://screencast.com/t/mAdkqTNg

Kirk

Message 6 of 6
Senthil_Kumar

Hi Kirk,

Thanks for your reply. I did see the video from the 1st post.

As I mentioned we are not able to reproduce this for all the files. So if you happen to see the issue again and able to get the steps then please do let us know. In the meantime I will also keep a watch on this.

Thanks again!

Senthil Kumar
Development Manager,
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report