Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

showing vault files under sharepoint items

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
spascual
225 Views, 3 Replies

showing vault files under sharepoint items

Hi Sirs,

I was able to configure connector between vault pro 2015 - sharepoint 2013.

We need to show Items on Released state, we can, but just can see an open 3D models (primary link file), we cannot see drawing files to this item view in sharepoint.

Any idea wellcome.

Thanks,

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
cbenner
in reply to: spascual

@spascual wrote:

Hi Sirs,

I was able to configure connector between vault pro 2015 - sharepoint 2013.

We need to show Items on Released state, we can, but just can see an open 3D models (primary link file), we cannot see drawing files to this item view in sharepoint.

Any idea wellcome.

Thanks,

Hi,

I think we need to know more about how you set up your lists in SP, and how you set up the custom views on those lists.  Maybe some screen captures of what you are seeing?  How you filter your views is very important to what you see when you are finished.

Message 3 of 4
spascual
in reply to: cbenner

Hi Sir,

Thanks for your interest, attached you can find a screen capture with items view in SP. We need to show thumbnails and to have acces to all files attached with each item.

The idea is hidden files acces and just show item acces.

Thanks

Message 4 of 4
cbenner
in reply to: spascual

Vault in Sharepoint shows three basic lists: Files, Items and Change Orders.  When you set up one of these lists, by default, it shows everything in the list.  ALL files, or ALL Items, or ALL Change Orders.  And the fields that are visible are chosen by the integration prgram.  But you can edit all of these.

I recommend reading this article: http://designandmotion.net/autodesk/vault/a-journey-into-the-unknown-autodesk-vault-professional-201...

It is long, and in 4 parts.  In it I described some of the things I did to customize our Sharepoint/Vault integration.  I hope that it helps you get some ideas on how to set up yours.  I show you a little about creating custom views for your lists so you can see only what you need to see.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report