Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SharePoint 2013 Data Source Filters

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
cbenner
546 Views, 5 Replies

SharePoint 2013 Data Source Filters

Hello,... me again.

Finally got the Vault 2015 - SharePoint 2013 Integration working (more or less), and trying to figure out how I want to use it.  I've started by adding a list to a specific site, and I want to edit the Data Source Filters to filter what is viewd on this list.  The list is pointing to the Item Master.  In IM, I use the property Title (Item, CO) and populate that with the project number and/or Drawing number.  I have set the filter to only show Items where this Property contains a specific value.  On the Vault end, I have verified that there are Items which have this value in that property.  When I save the list and return to the site, I get a message that there are no items to show in this view.  I seem to have an all or nothing option.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
ihayesjr
in reply to: cbenner

In the list, can you provide a screen shoot of where you are setting up the filter?  Also, if you remove the filter, does any of the items that are displayed should show in the filter?

Irvin Hayes Jr
Sr. Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Vault - Under the Hood Blog
Message 3 of 6
cbenner
in reply to: ihayesjr

I can't get screen shots off of the test server I am working on, as it is isolated from everything else on the network.  But here is a screen shot from the documentation I am following....

filters.JPG

In the above, I put "Show the otems when column TITLE (Item, CO), Contains, and then I put my project # as the string.  These criteria get me null results.  Removing this filter gets me the entire Item Master.  I AM able to us the State filter to narrow that to Items that are Released.

I have not tried to scroll through the entire list to see if this job # showed with the filter removed.  But I will try that next.

Message 4 of 6
ihayesjr

So this filter is a post Vault search filter.  So what I mean is that a search is performed when the list is displayed and it gets 100 results from Vault with no search criteria.  Then this filter kicks in and filters the 100 items returned.  If none of the 100 match the filter criteria then you will get a blank list.  You may need to increase your limit.

Irvin Hayes Jr
Sr. Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Vault - Under the Hood Blog
Message 5 of 6
cbenner

Further investigation has had better results.  I was able to perform this filter with a different project number.  I believe the trouble lies with (again) the setup of my test system.

Message 6 of 6
cbenner

That is interesting to know. Especially since my search doesn't seem to be working. The two could be related. I'll look at increasing limits Monday morning. We're almost ready to go live with the integration, it will be good to do some of these tests in a production environment with more resources.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report