Vault General Discussion

Mentor
CAD-One
Message 1 of 3 (154 Views)

Share Saved Search Folders

154 Views, 2 Replies
10-13-2011 07:14 AM

Is it possible to share saved search folders? I have created lot of special search criteria and saved them into folders. How can I share these across my users?

C1
Inventor Professional 2015
Vault Professional 2015
*Expert Elite*
scottmoyse
Message 2 of 3 (141 Views)

Re: Share Saved Search Folders

10-13-2011 04:21 PM in reply to: CAD-One

Yup:

http://justonesandzeros.typepad.com/blog/2011/05/thunderdome-2.html

its a little rough around the edges, but its good for a one time transfer/distribution around the office. Once individuals tweak it from there, it will overwrite their settings with the thunderdome ones each time they select yes.

I may look into taking the source code and modifying it to be more selective about which xml files are over written or not.

Cheers
Scott Moyse

Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution &Give Kudos!Kudos to further enhance the value of these forums. Cheers!

Mentor
CAD-One
Message 3 of 3 (134 Views)

Re: Share Saved Search Folders

10-13-2011 09:16 PM in reply to: scottmoyse

Scott,

Thanks for your support again. I wanted to share those saved search tricks you helped me with.

Cheers!

C1 

C1
Inventor Professional 2015
Vault Professional 2015
Announcements
New button for Platinum & Gold Subscription customers
Gold & Platinum Subscription customers can alert Autodesk if they require assistance with their forum post

Manufacturing Community
The Manufacturing Community provides additional access to tips, tutorials, blogs and networking with peers.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.