Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting up Vault Working Folder

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
rheth
436 Views, 5 Replies

Setting up Vault Working Folder

I am working on a file in Inventor:

C:\Work\Design\File Folder\File.dwg

When I check it into the vault the folder hierarchy in the vault looks like:

Vault - Administrator\Vault Explorer\Work\Design\File Folder\File.dwg.

When I check the file "File.dwg" out of the vault it shows up on my computer in this format:

C:\Work\Design\Work\Design\File Folder\File.dwg

I just want it to be in the same location I started from.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Rheth

Tags (2)
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
rheth
in reply to: rheth

Note:

If I open my drawings from the C: drive and check the file out from Inventor everything works fine.  It's when I check the file out from the vault that I get a dupplicate set of working folders and files.  So I just don't check things out of the vault from the vault program....

Message 3 of 6
pcrawley

It's because your project (ipj file) is not in the same place you told Vault it was in when you did "Map folders".

Peter
Message 4 of 6
rheth

Thank you for your answer.  I have attached two image files.  One is the vault working folder settings the other is the Vault Options settings.  Both locations correctly show where I have the project (ipj) file.  Perhaps there is another location that it has been entered incorrectly or could you expound on your reply?

Message 5 of 6
mikel_martin
in reply to: pcrawley

This a common issue with new Vault users.

The Inventor project file setup can be a little confusing.

One thing I often recommend to new users that just want to get up and running, is to run the Autoload program that come with Vault and load a small inventor assembly. If Autoloader does not find a project file called Designs.ipj in your vault it will create one with the settings we most recommend for new customers.

This just simpifies the setup process and is not doing anything you could not do yourself.

This works best if you have a new Vault without many existing folders and you just want a simple configuration.

Hope this helps.

Mikel Martin
User Experience Architect
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 6 of 6
pcrawley

Ignore my previous edit.

In the "Working Folder Options, set Client Working Folder = C:\

Peter

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report