Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Server name and IP address - vault login

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
jparks_79
1255 Views, 4 Replies

Server name and IP address - vault login

Hello,

i hope someone else has seen this issue.

We have a full replicated environement that has been running for several months. All users are imported domain users and utilize windows authentication.

i arrived this morning to find that I could not log into the local vault workgroup with my normal domain credintials. But I can login with administrator. Strange thing is, I can also login to another vault workgroup with my domain credintials. Even stranger, I by chance thought to replace the server name in the login box with the server ip address. Voila, I can log in.

It doesn't look like any other users are affected at this point, but I don't know for sure as there are many timezones. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,

Jeremy

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
c.dewhurst
in reply to: jparks_79

Hi,
Got this just last few days on one subscribing server. Removed/reinstalled IIS - problem still remains. Replicated 2013 Pro. What's even more strange is the login works fine for the publishing the other subscribing server that are in separate trusted domains, but this subscribing server which is in the same local domain all of a sudden won't login using hostname, only ip!

Message 3 of 5
jparks_79

It is a strange error. This problem only effects certain users at different offices. At this point, I don't try to question it any longer. I just tell the guys to use the IP address and they seem to be happy with that 🙂

Message 4 of 5
c.dewhurst

Ok so you know I managed to fix mine. For one reason or another I tried logging in using my account on another workstation - and it worked normally.
So I checked windows credentials (manager) on my workstation - I had admin account credentials stored for the vault server. When I removed these the hostname login started to work again.

Message 5 of 5
jparks_79
in reply to: c.dewhurst

unfortunately i am not as lucky 😞 But I am glad you found a fix for yours!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report