Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Server Down Help!

13 REPLIES 13
Message 1 of 14
warrenandy
709 Views, 13 Replies

Server Down Help!

I only have maybe one user currently using the old 2010 Vault while the 2012 one is being built. Everything was working last-week and then they ran the Windows patches on the servers over the weekend. Now my user cannot log into the Vault Server?

I can go to the server and I can see ADMS running and look at everything on it. But when you try to log into it from Vault it says the server does not exist?

Any Ideas?

Andrew Warren
Manager, Engineering Services Support
Bridgestone Americas Tire Operations
warrenandy@bfusa.com
andywarrenbc@outlook.com
13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14
warrenandy
in reply to: warrenandy

Here are the logs, looks, like I am throwing some kind of exception in here...

Andrew Warren
warrenandy@bfusa.com
andywarrenbc@outlook.com
Message 3 of 14
JamesMcMullen

I am unsure what the IIS log is really saying.  But, I had a Windows / Company update that knocked my firewall settings taking the machine "offline".  Is it possible that the firewall was reset and that is blocking you from the server?

-Jim

James McMullen
Principal SQA Eng.
Message 4 of 14
warrenandy

I ran Server Dianostics and it says it cannot connect to SQL Server' .\AUTODESKVAULT'

Andrew Warren
warrenandy@bfusa.com
andywarrenbc@outlook.com
Message 5 of 14
warrenandy
in reply to: JamesMcMullen

Anything is possable, but this is a big operation and the firewall is not on the machine. I mean the only thing that could be blocking would be the prot correct?

Andrew Warren
warrenandy@bfusa.com
andywarrenbc@outlook.com
Message 6 of 14
warrenandy

Does this one help?

Andrew Warren
warrenandy@bfusa.com
andywarrenbc@outlook.com
Message 7 of 14
JamesMcMullen

I am going to have to take a step back here and make sure I understand things.

Are you able to log into the ADMS Console?

a.  What do you see?  (i.e. your vaults and such)

b.  Can you see the users if you go into the Administration area?

If you cannot see the ADMS Console, is SQL running?

-Jim

James McMullen
Principal SQA Eng.
Message 8 of 14
warrenandy
in reply to: JamesMcMullen

I can log onto the server and I can see everything in ADMS I even defrag-ed just in case. I can go into SQL and everything looks like it is running fine their as well???? I can not figure out why it is not working.

The only thing that does not work is when the client try to connect to the server, or when you run diagnostics.

Andrew Warren
warrenandy@bfusa.com
andywarrenbc@outlook.com
Message 9 of 14
JamesMcMullen

I would try resetting IIS and see if that helps.  Based on what you are telling me it seems like the server is there and working.  So usually with the clients it is either a firewall blocking or IIS.

-Jim

James McMullen
Principal SQA Eng.
Message 10 of 14
andrew.warren

I went to support and they had me try it with the IP address. That worked, then we tried with the full server Domian name (ie <domainname>.com). I think it may be fixed this morning I seemed to be able to log in with the old regular server name. Waiting on my user to get here and test it to see... Not sure what IT did this weekend but one of the updates messed somehting up...

Andy Warren
BCDesign@bellsouth.net
Message 11 of 14

Interesting...  I would have not have expected the direct IP to work.  But since it did, does a ping from the client to the server return the same IP address?  If not, you might want to try a flushdns on the client machine.

-Jim

James McMullen
Principal SQA Eng.
Message 12 of 14

I am not sure what happened but everything is back today...

Thank you for all the help!

Andy Warren
BCDesign@bellsouth.net
Message 13 of 14
jparks_79
in reply to: andrew.warren

Hi,

We have the same problem, and it only occurs with some users, me for example. The user can log into the Vault server with the server name for several months, then one day they cannot. Server cannot be found, or with windows auth, the user account cannot be authenticated.

Once you change the server name to the IP address, everything works again. I am guessing the network guys are doing something to the DNS and active directory, without knowing that it is effecting the windows authentication features of vault. We tried ipconfig /flushdns, it does not fix it. But changing from the server name to the ip address almost always fixes it.

Glad to see you were able to get it resolved.

Message 14 of 14
JamesMcMullen
in reply to: jparks_79

When you ping the server from the client, does it return the proper IP?  Unsure if this could be it, but have you recently changed your Domain password?  I am just trying to think of any weird network things that could cause this.

-Jim

James McMullen
Principal SQA Eng.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report