Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Security Update for SQL Server 2008 Service Pack 3 (KB2977321)

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
m.numberger
858 Views, 6 Replies

Security Update for SQL Server 2008 Service Pack 3 (KB2977321)

Hello,

does anybody tested the new Security Update for SQL Server 2008 Service Pack 3?

I have Vault Workgroup 2014.

Thanks!

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
mdellunto
in reply to: m.numberger

I am going to test this right now on a ADMS 2014 server but it would be nice to hear feed back from Autodesk them selfs on this one.

This may not effect you if your system is not a Internet facing server.

Message 3 of 7
mark.cloyed

Definitely test this on a non-production environment.  Autodesk's position has always been to say that you should stay with the service pack level of SQL at the time of the release of the Vault model year and not to install any other SQL service packs for that version of product.  I have experienced significant slow downs in vault when a higher service pack was installed in SQL than was supported.

Regards,

Mark

Regards,
Mark Cloyed
IMAGINiT Technologies
Message 4 of 7
m.numberger
in reply to: mark.cloyed

Sorry, but i don't think that this is an answer that solved this question. I dont't know why this thread is now marked as solved.

This KB2977321 in a Security-Update an not an Service-Pack.

I'm waiting for an authorised answer from Autodesk.

Message 5 of 7

Hello Michael,

The answer above is correct, because it is reflecting the strategy, that we cannot support not tested service packs.

You are absolutely right, that this was not the original question, what I saw now.

You should be fine installing security updates.

We strongly recommend testing it before applying in your test environment to ensure there is nothing in particular in your environment causing any problems.

Thanks.

HTH
Johannes Bauer

Customer Technical Successt
Message 6 of 7

Hello Johannes,

thank you for your answer.

But i'm not happy about this answer.

I don't think that the work of the users to test this.

I my opinion Autodesk should test ist for us an say ok or not. I think for that we pay the maintance fee.

Thanks!

Message 7 of 7
mdellunto

A better question is does Autodesk support this update?

I have to agree with John. In any production environment you must test before going live. For example. If Autodesk or anyone came out with a new product and swear works 100% out of the box and should not worry about testing it first. I would take that under advice and do my own testing to find out for sure how this product would behave in my environment.

There is a old saying I like. "if it ain't broke don't fix it" I have installed this update on my TEST Vault 2014 SR1 SP1 hotfix 1 + 2 server and haven't seen much change in performance. Then again this is just a test environment.(Not a large number of people logging in.)

I have yet to install it on my production server. Going to wait a few more days of testing before giving it the ok. So far it's been running fine over the weekend.

I will keep you updated but I would like to know if Autodesk has tested this on their end to see if they notice anything in there debugging tools?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report