Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Search not working in Vault 2011 Pro.

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
cbenner
860 Views, 11 Replies

Search not working in Vault 2011 Pro.

We sporadically get the attached error message in Vault 2011 pro.  No idea what is causing it.  One day we can't search, or get to Item Master or CO List, next day it's all good again.  Any ideas?

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
cbenner
in reply to: cbenner
Message 3 of 12
Andy.Spivey

Chris,

Please check to see if Vault Update 2 has been applied to your environment.   (linked here: http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=15670259&linkID=9261341 ) Build # 15.2.66.0 indicates update 2.

Once update 2 has been installed on the server(s) and client(s) please rebuild the search indexes entirly.  This can be done by:

1.  Temporarily stop IIS on the vautl server

2.  Navigate to the search index directory (C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\VaultServer OR C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Autodesk\VaultServer

3.  Delete the INDEXES folder.

4.  Start IIS

5.  Open the Vault Server console and from the Tools Menu -> Rebuild Search Indexes

Reference

Andy Spivey
SQA Engineer
Message 4 of 12
jdkriek

The above solution only works temporarily for us. As soon as a reindex occures it errors again.

It's documented here as well.

Jonathan D. Kriek
MFG Solutions Engineer
KETIV Technologies, Inc.

Message 5 of 12
paul.gunn
in reply to: jdkriek

Hi,

The error message you are seeing is pretty generic. Could you attach a server vlog from when the error occured - these can be accessed from either ADMS console or directly from disk. That would give us more detail on the specific cause of the issue you are seeing.

Thanks,

Paul Gunn

Message 6 of 12
jdkriek
in reply to: paul.gunn

Paul, I think we resolved it.

When I had posted the first time I hadn't had access to view the vlogs yet. After viewing them I did notice a permission error on the indexes directory and suggested we give permission to the ASP process account. We got an email shortly after that from Autodesk saying give everyone full control to the indexes directory so that's what we did. There may be some security concerns there, but at least we will be operational again.

Thanks

Jonathan D. Kriek
MFG Solutions Engineer
KETIV Technologies, Inc.

Message 7 of 12
paul.gunn

Hi Jonathan,

Glad to hear things are working now. If you revisit security in the future, your approach of giving permissions to the aspnet process account would have solved the problem also - just be aware that the exact windows account does vary between versions of Windows. And the vault impersonating user [AutodeskVault by default] will also continue to need full control.

Paul

Message 8 of 12
jdkriek

Paul,

Autodesk Support had us do one more thing and now we are completely locked out of the Vault.

We will need him to drill down to Sites -> Default Web Site -> AutodeskDM -> Services, make sure ASP.NET Impersonation is on for this folder and nothing else and then, Sites -> Default Web Site -> AutodeskDM -> Services -> WinAuth and make sure Windows Authentication is on.

Best regards,

Hywell Herrero
Autodesk Support Team

It's giving us the following error now:

Autodesk Vault Professional 2011 could not find the Data Management Services on ...

Evidently, he's in meetings all day and won't be able to assist us anymore.

We even tried to revert back to what we had before and it's still not letting us login.

I've requested the server vlogs and will post them when I have them.

Thanks,

Jonathan D. Kriek
MFG Solutions Engineer
KETIV Technologies, Inc.

Message 9 of 12
paul.gunn

Hi Jonathan,

What do you see if you access the server in an internet browser? e.g.

http://localhost/autodeskdm/services/securityservice.asmx

Often this will give more detail regarding what the specific problem is

Paul

Message 10 of 12
jdkriek

Paul,

This is what it's giving me after I attempt to login from there:

Server Error in '/AutodeskDM/Services' Application.

The resource cannot be found.

Description: HTTP 404. The resource you are looking for (or one of its dependencies) could have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.  Please review the following URL and make sure that it is spelled correctly.

Requested URL: /AutodeskDM/Services/login.aspx

Jonathan D. Kriek
MFG Solutions Engineer
KETIV Technologies, Inc.

Message 11 of 12
paul.gunn

Hi Jonathan,

Please try hitting accessing the URL I mentioned:

http://localhost/autodeskdm/services/securityservice.asmx

That should normallly bring up a list of web service methods and would tell us whether the services are generally available or not.

It looks like you may have tried inputting login.aspx - the services directory would not have such a file.

Paul

Message 12 of 12
jdkriek

Sorry it took so long to update this. Autodesk ended up remoteing into our server and addressed an issue with the installation and configuration of IIS that was causing our Indexing issues to begin with. Everything is function normally now. Thanks.

Jonathan D. Kriek
MFG Solutions Engineer
KETIV Technologies, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report