Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Saving Vault Settings

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Cadmanto
1761 Views, 4 Replies

Saving Vault Settings

I have made some interface changes to my vault dialog in what I see and how things appear when I open Vault client.

We are about to this weekend have our systems reloaded and I am looking for a way to save these settings.  Similar to how you save (export) settings within Inventor under "Application Options" and "Customize".

Can this be done in Vault?

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
r.smith1
in reply to: Cadmanto

Hi Scott,

Here are some locations that contain some of the XML files that set your preferences.  In these locations you will find files that will save how your grid view appears, your shortcuts and your search history, jus to name a few. 

C:\Users\<USER>\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\VaultCommon\Servers\Services_Security_11_15_2011\<Server>\Vaults\<Vault Name>

C:\Users\<USER>\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\Autodesk Vault Professional 2013\Servers\<Server>\Vaults\<Vault Name>\History

C:\Users\<USER>\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\Autodesk Vault Professional 2013\Servers\<Server>\Vaults\<Vault Name>\Objects

C:\Users\<USER>\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\Autodesk Vault Professional 2013\Objects

C:\Users\<USER>\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\Autodesk Vault Professional 2013\History

Ron Smith
New Product Introduction Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 5
karthur1

You might find project Thunderdome interesting...

http://justonesandzeros.typepad.com/blog/2011/05/thunderdome-2.html

Message 4 of 5
Cadmanto
in reply to: karthur1

Thank you.  This is very intriguing!!!  Smiley Wink

I am going to look into this one.  A shame this is not already incorporated into the vault client.

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 5 of 5
karthur1

I saw this on the "Idea Station" the other day.  I gave it a kudo, but since this project is underway, hopefully it will become part of Vault.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Vault-IdeaStation/Centralized-management-of-all-configuration...

I have been copying the folder like Ron listed for quite a some time.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report