Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Save and Copy user setup

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
carstn
502 Views, 3 Replies

Save and Copy user setup

Hi

I have customized my user interface(Vault Pro 2014) with a range of different views and searches.

Is it possible to save this setup i've made?

I would like to be able to copy my setup to my colleague and if I have to do a reinstall of Vault it would be nice to have a file saved to re-setup my interface.

Is it possible? Anyone know of a xml-file that saves these settings?

C

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Neil_Cross
in reply to: carstn

Well you can dig out the XML file which all that info is stored in, then manually copy it around to other PCs.

Or use this which automates it:

Project Thunderdome 2014

It's a utility written by an Autodesk dev so it's safe.

Message 3 of 4
carstn
in reply to: Neil_Cross

Thanks Neil

That sounds very interesting. I'll take to the IT-administrator. You know theres some procedures that has to be followed - time consuming procedures.

So for now i would like someone to point me in the right direktion of the XML-files.

/C

Message 4 of 4
Neil_Cross
in reply to: carstn

No problem.

The XML files are in ridiculously long folder paths, and the path will be different dependent on which XML you want, and again different based on your user name and server names! But generically, they are located here:

Grid State (Column layouts in Vault Client)

C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\Autodesk Vault [Edition] [Product year]\Servers\[servername]\Vaults \[Vaultname]\Objects\GridState.xml

Saved Searches

C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\VaultCommon\Servers\Services_Security_1_25_2010\localhost\Vaults\[Vaultname]\Searches

The AppData folder is a hidden folder, that will need to be enabled in Windows.

In the Saved Searches path, the "Services_Security" folder might be named differently to above and there may be more than one folder on your PC, just dig around them all until you find your saved searches.  All saved searches are listed as files named the same as the search itself.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report