Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rules for Releasing Items with Relationships

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
skovatch
293 Views, 4 Replies

Hi,

I'm using Vault Professional 2014 and suddenly I've been seeing changes in Rules for Releasing Items with Relationships?!
I have item (child) in Review status control by ECO and I didn’t have any problem to close new ECO with assembly that has that item on it? This item (child) still stay in Review.
I tried to look into setting but couldn't find anything about that.

Any advice?

• Releasing and setting the effectivity of an assembly on a change order that has unreleased children (not on a change order), releases and sets the effectivity of the children.
• If a previously unreleased child is on another change order, the change order containing the parent item cannot be closed until the change order associated with the child item is either closed or cancelled.

Thanks,
Stoyan

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
mark.cloyed
in reply to: skovatch

Hi Stoyan,

Unfortunately, I do not see a setting to make the vault require child items be released before releasing a parent.  This is something that can be set at the file level, but I don't see it for the items.  I can only offer suggestions in this case.  Option 1: I would try to include any modified children in the parent assembly's ECO, so that they can be released at that some time.  Option 2: I would note on the assembly's ECO that there is a child part in ECO-xxxxxxx that requires closure prior to closing this ECO. 

Thanks,
Mark

Regards,
Mark Cloyed
IMAGINiT Technologies
Message 3 of 5
skovatch
in reply to: mark.cloyed

Thanks Mark,

I'm attaching doc file with exact steps to recreate this workflow.

All part/assemblies in these ECO’s are migrated to 2014 and we didn’t mix part/assemblies with items. We are working only with items.

Can I restore original Vault settings without reinstalling Vault?

Thanks,

Stoyan

Message 4 of 5
mark.cloyed
in reply to: skovatch

Looking over your document, I agree that this situation is possible and not desired.  Generally, when I place an assembly in an ECO, if that assembly has children in its BOM that are not released, I would want to include those children in the same ECO.  This would release them at the same time.  I would ask Autodesk to provide input on this topic, if they can clarify why the software allows this. 

Regarding your second question about restoring settings, you can change some settings back, but regarding item control, are you saying that the item behavior was different in the past?  I am unaware of any changes to item behavior between Vault Professional 2014 and several prior versions.

Regards,

Mark

Regards,
Mark Cloyed
IMAGINiT Technologies
Message 5 of 5
skovatch
in reply to: mark.cloyed

Looking in Vault Rules for Releasing Items with Relationships it's clearly said:
• If a previously unreleased child is on another change order, the change order containing the parent item cannot be closed until the change order associated with the child item is either closed or cancelled.
Obviously something happened and this rule is not working anymore?! I'm always trying to include children items with parent in one ECO, but I'm not only one here and that's not always possible.
About 2-3 months ago everything was fine and we couldn't do that ( we used the same version Vault 2014). I checked with our system administrator if he did something with Vault server but the answer was nothing.

Thanks anyway!
I will try to contact Autodesk about that issue.
Stoyan

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report