Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit load family from Vault

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
rchnorton
1134 Views, 9 Replies

Revit load family from Vault

Hi all,

I've setup Revit content management using Revit 2014 and Vault Pro 2014. So far things have gone well in a fashion but I've hit an issue I'm having real trouble in finding a solution for.

When I use the Load family oprion from Vault button on the Revit Vault addin Ribbon I can browse to the family required but the actual load button on not active.

Any help or a pointer to something obvious I've missed would be so very helpful!

Tags (3)
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
Serena.Lou
in reply to: rchnorton

hi ,will test it in our environment and just wondering did u try to double click the family file? then the types of that family will show up in the dialog. and then u can load the specific type to the drawing.

Serena Lou
Message 3 of 10
rchnorton
in reply to: Serena.Lou

I can open the family using the "open from Vault option" then load ther familiy into the project but that doesn't really solve the issue with the missing functionality. I've searchd for hours and found pretty much nothing so far. Looks like I need to lodge a ticket with Autodesk.

Message 4 of 10
SerenaLou

i mean in the" load family from vault" dialog that you captured in the attached pic, that u see the "load" button is disable. did u try double click on the family row? once u select the family, it will show all the types of the family in the dialog. then the "load" button is enable.

Message 5 of 10
rchnorton
in reply to: SerenaLou

Ahh, sorry, I see what you mean now... Yes, I can double click right through the selection process until I get to the familiy required, the Load button is still disabled oddly, thats the part I'm struggling to understand.

Message 6 of 10
SerenaLou

I see. after u narrow down to the needed file. did u try double click it?  it will provide you all the revit types of this particular family.

otherwise this might be a defect. I will help to confirm it. so the revit version is 2014. vault client and vault server is 2014 right?

Message 7 of 10
rchnorton

Yes the program versions are 2014 fully patched to the current update level. Once I get to family I'd like to load, doubleclicking the family take me up a level where nothing is diplayed and I still can't load the family. I'm starting to think this is a bug or a feature thats not actually supported in 2014.

Message 8 of 10
SerenaLou

hi roynorton, just a quick check about your environment. 
1. vault server is installed combined with revit index interoperation
2. enable the revit indexing services for your vault server instance
3 the other thing is revit indexing service is running in a recurring model. so it will take some time for the server to grab the data . by default it's 20 mins.

would u like to try the above? 

Message 9 of 10
rchnorton

Hi, you're correct here, I didn't have the Revit indexing addin installed. Its now installed and everything is working as it should. Really appreciate the help! Smiley Happy

Message 10 of 10
SerenaLou

glad to hear it works, you are welcome, roynorton 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report