Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revision Scheme change, still connot go backward?

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
cbenner
406 Views, 2 Replies

Revision Scheme change, still connot go backward?

In our early project phases, if we have to send prints to the customer, we use a Proposal revision scheme with an Alpha revision character.  Once the customer has signed of fon the project, we want to change scheme to our project revision scheme, which uses a numeric character.

Sometimes the proposal may be at revision A or B or even higher.  When changing revision schemes, Vault wants to set the next Primary revision as one numeric character HIGHER than the coresponding Alpha character.  ie: A-1, B-2 etc... problem is, our initial released revision for projects is 0.

Is there anything short of deleting the Item and losing all of the Proposal history, to force the Item to revision "0"?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
cbenner
in reply to: cbenner

This just got weirder.

I have 2 Items set to Category "Proposals".  This categeory is set to use an Alpha revision scheme.  One is at Rev A, the other is at Rev B.  On both of them, if I try to change revision, and change the scheme from Proposal to Project (numeric), they BOTH try to set the next Primary to "1".  The first revision of the project scheme is "0".  It seems like it would try to set "A" to "1", and "B" to "2".

It obviously wants to go backward on the one Item.... so why won't it go all the way back to "0"?!

Message 3 of 3
cbenner
in reply to: cbenner

One sided conversation, but I figured out the mystery.  The Items had beec assigned as Project.  The engineer then told the drafter they needed to go to the customer for approval (not all of them do), so the user changed the category to Proposal.  Vault now sees rev 0 on the project as having already been used.  Which puts me into a predicament as to how to handle these in the future.....

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report