Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revision of xxxxxxx.dwg is not released.

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
wesbird
479 Views, 1 Reply

Revision of xxxxxxx.dwg is not released.

Hi, 

I have a drawing with xref as title block. I put it under lifecycle of "Flexible Release Process". When I change it's state to Released, it report 

Revision of TitleBlock.dwg is not released. 

TitleBlock.dwg is the title block. it was under a normal folder, I move it to library folder, same error message when change to released state. 

then I put TitleBlock.dwg under same lifecycle of "Flexible Release Process", change it's state to released. when I go back the master drawing, change to released state, still got the same error message.

What's wrong?

I really appreciate your help.

Thanks

Wes 

Windows 10 64 bit, AutoCAD (ACA, Map) 2023
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
gandhey
in reply to: wesbird

Hello Wes,

The 'Titleblock.dwg' needs to be 'Released' before you Release the drawing where you use the 'Titleblock.dwg'. So that is expected behavior.

I tried your case by creating a normal xref with one source dwg file. I can release the source dwg and then the xref as well can be set to 'Released' state. Following are my steps:

1. Create an xref file having one source dwg file in it. Check in to Vault. (Xreffile.dwg

- source1.dwg)

2. Select Change state action for source1.dwg - Select 'Released' state -> action can be performed.

3. Instead if I move source1.dwg to any library folder and do Set state -> action can be performed.

4. Select Change state action for Xreffile.dwg - Select 'Released' state -> action can be performed.

Am I missing any of the action you are doing ? Please provide more info also if possible share the data.

Regards,

Yogeshwar Gandhe

(Autodesk - Vault team)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report