Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revision levels- Letters AND Numbers Please HELP

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Chances09
858 Views, 1 Reply

Revision levels- Letters AND Numbers Please HELP

HI,

Autodesk and Community, I work with Autodesk VAULT Daily. i have a few questions you may be able to answer.

1. In autodesk vault if my revision level is bumped up from b to c and i dont need to rev it up is there a way to bump the revision back down?

2. I know VAULT uses letters and numbers is there a way to use both letters for preliminary drawings and numbers for approved?

3. mapping revisions- Is there a way i can manual change revisions example- say i am in autocad doing a 2d drawing and my revision is A and i bump it up to B IN THE DRAWING FILE IN AUTOCAD ONLY, Can the autocad file use mapping so i can bump the rev level in the drawing and it will up date in vault?

I hope you guys can help me out with this.....

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
mark.cloyed
in reply to: Chances09

To answer your questions:

1. No, you can not go backward in values, or more precisely, you cannot roll back a revision on a file.  This is the way the vault has been designed at this time.

2. Vault has revision schemes that define the characters to be used as revisons.  These revision schemes are simple an ordered list of values, so they can include both numbers and letters.  For your example, you can create a new revision scheme that lists the letters A-J followed by the numbers 0-99.  This would allow 10 revisions for perliminary drawings (but no more) and then 100 revisons for approved.  The challenge here is that you manually have to revise the drawing to set the revision from C to 0 when you go to approved.  The vault doesn't understand how to jump to a different value other than the next one in the list.

3. Setting up a mapping from the vault's revision value to an attribute or file property in a drawing is always one-directional, from the vault to the drawing.  So you must use the Revise command in Vault to manually change the value, which will push the new value down to the file when you synch properties.

Thanks,
Mark

Regards,
Mark Cloyed
IMAGINiT Technologies

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report