Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revise for iParts

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
cadcamm99
360 Views, 2 Replies

Revise for iParts

I am using Vault and Inventor 2012.  I am in the process of converting our parts from one CAD system to Inventor.  After checking in an iPart, I want to change the revision letter to the correct one.  So I select the part and select Revise. However, I do not get the members to show up unless I select Show Parents.  Why are the members parents of the part?  Shouldn't it be the other way around? Am I doing this correctly?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
olearya
in reply to: cadcamm99

Hi there,

Yes you are doing this correctly, the relationship between ipart factory and ipart members is similar to a derived part - where the factory provides each parts definition making it a source file or child to the members, not a parent.

Now when it comes to tracking revisions, quite a number of people do NOT revise the ipart factory as it is never manufactured or released in any sense, the members which are created from the factory become the important files that we manufacture and track revisions on.  Does that make sense?

Allan
Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 3 of 3
cadcamm99
in reply to: olearya

Thank you much.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report