Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restoring to new Vault 2012 install w/ SQL 2008 R2 - 4 gig limit?

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
418 Views, 8 Replies

Restoring to new Vault 2012 install w/ SQL 2008 R2 - 4 gig limit?

I'm slowly doing an upgrade. I have a 2012 Vault Professional installation on a Windows server 2008 R2 with Full Microsoft SQL 2008 R2. 

I am doing a restore from a prior 2011 vault pro backup. The problem I'm having is that restore is citing the 4 gig limitation. Howevever, only MSSQL (FULL VERSION) is installed - NOT sql express. I've verified this a few times.

What do you guys think I'm missing?

Cheers!Smiley Happy

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
ihayesjr
in reply to: Anonymous

Log into the SQL server using the Management Studio.  Look at the properties of the AutodeskVault instance and verify the version it is running.  Some have mistakening installed a default instance of SQL full edition thinking they were upgrading the SQL Express edition but didn't do it correctly.

Irvin Hayes Jr
Sr. Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Vault - Under the Hood Blog
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: ihayesjr

You're onto something there! Version is 10.0.4000.0 Listed as SQL Express. 

Am I looking at a reinstall of Vault 2012 and deletion of the vault instance?

Message 4 of 9
ihayesjr

No, you do not need to uninstall Vault, just insert you full version of SQL and make sure you go through the upgrade process.  That will upgrade the SQL Express edition and then you can perform your restore.

Irvin Hayes Jr
Sr. Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous

That is my problem however. What is installed is the full version of SQL. We run other databases which require full blown sql. Im sort of mystified Smiley Indifferent

Message 6 of 9
ihayesjr

You can have multiple instance of SQL running on the same computer.  You have install the full version of SQL with the default instance which doens't have a name.  You have Vault installed which installed an AutodeskVault instanace of SQL Express.  Re-run your SQL installer and upgrade the AutodeskVault instance.  Then you will have both instances at the same level.

Irvin Hayes Jr
Sr. Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 7 of 9
ihayesjr

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous

Working on this now. Will post my results! TY!

Message 9 of 9
Anonymous

I've got the instance upgraded to enterprise. One item that held me back was the 64/32 select of setup. Had to select the 32 bit since thats where it came from and then allowed me to upgrade nicely. Currently running my restore. Thanks a million!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report