Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Report Template Authoring - pulling property data from multiple entity types

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
jdow
379 Views, 3 Replies

Report Template Authoring - pulling property data from multiple entity types

Is it possible (it doesn't appear to be) to create a report template for Vault Pro 2014 that pulls property data from both files and the folder that those files reside within?

Thank you,

JD
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
KooCheeKit
in reply to: jdow

Hi,

It is possible after select the include sub-folder checkbox when generate the report.

Regards,

CheeKit

Chee-Kit
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 4
smilinger
in reply to: KooCheeKit

However, there is no way that I can get the properties from the parent folder I select to report, and in most case I think there is no point to get those properties from child folders.

I think the OP want is the parent folder.

This is a good idea for IdeaStation, the scenario:

I have project folders with various properties defined on them, for example, Project Name, Project No., Client Name, etc. When I need a project report, I want these information show up on the report header.

Message 4 of 4
smilinger
in reply to: jdow

I created a new idea in IdeaStation for this, please vote for it if you like it:

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/vault-ideas/include-project-folder-properties-in-folder-report/idi-p/...

As for now, the only solution for the problem I found is, push the folder properties onto all the files, so you can edit your report template like this:

2017-12-08_23-58-16.png

Make sure all the files (or at least the first file) have same properties as your folder, this way you will get the properties from the first file in the list as the project properties. Please note that there are two types of syntax in this report, the first one is used in page header, the second one can only be used in page body.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report