Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replicating Large ipt files with Vault Pro 2014

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
swalton
319 Views, 3 Replies

Replicating Large ipt files with Vault Pro 2014

I have a large Inventor 2014 ipt file (158 MB or so) and Vault Pro 2014.  The vault is set up with full replication between two remote sites. 

When I attempt to pull the large file from one site to the other, I get an error message as shown in the Vault Client Error screenshot.  I have attached the filestore log excerpt that was generated at the same time.   I have attempted to get/checkout from the Vault client and from the Inventor plug-in.

What changes do I need to make to the Vault stack (ADMS, IIS, SQL, etc) so I can move large files from one site to another?

My current workaround is to FTP the changed file from the remote site and place it in the local workspace on each CAD workstation.  This works, but Vault tells me that I have edited the file out of turn.  Not exactly ideal.

Steve Walton
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Inventor 2023
Vault Professional 2023
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
johannes.bauer
in reply to: swalton

Hi Swalton,

I would try look with Procmon to see what process is accessing this file.

The process cannot access the file 'J:\ADVault\XXX\000\000\000\080\000\653\80000653635\80000653635_80000662807_3.ipt' because it is being used by another process.

HTH
Johannes Bauer

Customer Technical Successt
Message 3 of 4
paul.gunn
in reply to: johannes.bauer

I agree with Johannes here - some other application/process is interfering.

Often this would be an antivirus or search indexer - some program that creates locks on newly created file. Once you determine the application at fault , it should be possible to exclude the filestore directory from these operations.

Paul

Message 4 of 4
swalton
in reply to: paul.gunn

Thanks,

I'll get procmon installed on the servers and see what is happening.  I should have some results next week.

Steve Walton
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Inventor 2023
Vault Professional 2023

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report