Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ReNaming iProperty Names

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
618 Views, 3 Replies

ReNaming iProperty Names

Wondering what the correct steps or even if it is possible to rename an existing Custom iProperty.

We have a iProperty set up in Vault mapped and active for Inventor Files that has changed functionality or rather had it's functionality clarified and we would like to rename it to be in line with it's current purpose.

Alternately we could create a new iProperty with the new name but then I would need to move the contents from the old iPropery to this new iProperty.

Hoping there is a simple solution other than setting up the new Property and using the users to update files as we revise them over time.

Bob D

Tags (2)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
mdavis22569
in reply to: Anonymous

MIght be able to write and Ilogic saying if A is B ...then change b to C.....

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

---------
Mike Davis

EESignature

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

You should just be able to go into the Administrative options on the Behavior Tab, and select properties.

If you select a custom property and click the edit button, I think you should be able to change the name from there.

Edit: You meant on the file itself.  If you set up a new mapping to the new iProperty name, and made sure the option to create it if it isn't present is enabled, if you update properties on your files, it should create the new iproperty and populate it with what is currently in the vault.

This will not, however, get rid of the old iProperty. Once you have confirmed that the new iproperty has been created and populated in your files, you can unmap the old property and it won't be any harm.

Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

Tmoney2007 - That is what I thought in looking over the Property Manager
in Vault Options,

The question that raises is it does not change the mapping to the
existing files & items

The iProperty in Vault is renamed but I wasn't sure how to handle
mapping for files & items.

Do you delete the existing maps and enter new ones? It would seem some
sort of update process needs to occur?

Bob Donovan Jr.

QA & Process Improvement Mgr

Bigge Crane and Rigging Co.

Email: rdonovan@bigge.com

Direct: 804-325-8390

Mobil: 804-543-0347

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report