Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rename vaulted Content Centre File library folder

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
markc-uk
486 Views, 7 Replies

Rename vaulted Content Centre File library folder

All,
Currently in our Vault, we have one library folder: "Content Centre Files". This is the very first folder within vault and exists directly under $.

Our single project ipj sits directly below this (2nd folder under $)

If I rename the Content Centre File library folder are users likely to encounter the 'resolve link' dialog box when opening an assembly from Vault that contains CC parts?

TIA,
MarkC
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Madhan_T
in reply to: markc-uk

Hi,

Renaming Content Center folder name in Vault is NOT recommended. However, if it has to be renamed to comply the company standards, we also need to edit the IPJ file accordingly. Please re-map the Vault Folder as shown in the attached image.

Hope that helps.

Regards,
Madhan

Madhanagopal Thiruvenkatachalam
Principal Engineer
Engineering Escalation Team
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 8
markc-uk

Thanks for taking the time to reply Madhan.
Message 4 of 8
Madhan_T

You are welcome.

Regards,
Madhan

Principal Engineer
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous

Why do you want to rename it?

"MarkC-UK" wrote in message news:6017237@discussion.autodesk.com...
All,
Currently in our Vault, we have one library folder: "Content Centre Files".
This is the very first folder within vault and exists directly under $.

Our single project ipj sits directly below this (2nd folder under $)

If I rename the Content Centre File library folder are users likely to
encounter the 'resolve link' dialog box when opening an assembly from Vault
that contains CC parts?

TIA,
MarkC
Message 6 of 8
markc-uk

Sorry for the late response.

I think this is probably a common mistake, especially on this side of the pond.
We keep our templates folder,design data folder and content centre folder on our vault server machine (on the server but not in Vault).
After about a week of getting up and running with Inventor and Vault (we were using AMDT and windows explorer for file management) I saw that now there were 2 content centre folders on the server.
I only created one of them, the other was created automatically. Our VAR said it was due to discrepancies when naming the folders.

Inventor spells it the American way: content center. When setting up Vault, I used the English spelling: content centre.

It doesn't cause us any problems, it just niggles the hell out of me. Ideally I'd like to rename our library folder in the Vault to the American spelling but I think it could cause untold problems.

I reckon you Yanks should spell 'centre' properly, It would have saved me loads of grief 😉
Message 7 of 8
ACester

Madhan wrote:
"...if it has to be renamed to comply the company standards, we also need to edit the IPJ file accordingly. Please re-map the Vault Folder as shown in the attached image ...."
Please, Madhan or someone, can re-attach the image? I have the same problem to rename a folder library.
Thanks in advance. Angelo.
Message 8 of 8
Madhan_T

Hi,

It seems there are some issues with attaching / viewing image. We are working on this to have it fixed. In the meantime, Please use Outlook Express and browse to this thread to view the image.

Thank you for your understanding and we appreciate your patience.

Regards,
Madhan

Principal Engineer
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report