Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

rename dwg format

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
tiger
215 Views, 2 Replies

rename dwg format

I have an .ipt part drawing saved in vault, as it turns out what I need to do is convert the .ipt into a .iam.

Being new to vault is there a way to to this, which I'm sure there is I just can't seem to locate the process.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Tiger

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
mdavis22569
in reply to: tiger

I don't believe it's possible. You'll need to open the IPT ..do a save copy as, or open it in Autocad with the inventor add-in and then Check it back in.

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

---------
Mike Davis

EESignature

Message 3 of 3
swalton
in reply to: tiger

Usually an Inventor .ipt file is a single part, like a nut or bolt. An Inventor .iam file is an assembly, like a car.  You will have to use Inventor modeling tools to convert an .ipt file to an .iam file.

If the .ipt was created with multi-bodies, it can be used to create an iam file, but that is an Inventor question, not a Vault one.  See http://help.autodesk.com/view/INVNTOR/2014/ENU/?guid=GUID-8E641EB9-90E7-40AB-ACC6-222CB613E712 for the basic technique.

Steve Walton
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Inventor 2023
Vault Professional 2023

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report