Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removing visibility of last released document in Vault Web client

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
stuarts
522 Views, 4 Replies

Removing visibility of last released document in Vault Web client

Hi,

II need some help on released documents when there moved back to work in progress.
When you use life cycles you can control who can see what in each state, and who can move what, for example when a document is released in workgroup upwards you can make it viewable to the user shop floor, but when it is in work in progress the user shop floor cannot see it.
My query is: Is it possible when returning from released to work in progress, that the last released document IS NOT visible in the web client?

Thanks for any info you can provide

Stuart

Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
stapprich
in reply to: stuarts

I am also hoping someone can get us an answer on this issue. I need to know the same thing!

If I move a file to the "obsolete" lifecycle state then the previous "Locked" version is shown in the web client which seems to defeat the whole obsolete purpose in my opinion.

Autodesk!?! any answers to this one?

Message 3 of 5
stuarts
in reply to: stapprich

I still dont know the answer to this unfortunately, hope someone will be able to...... one day.

I have a feelign that it isnt possible at this moment in time as there are no options for this in the web client settings.

Message 4 of 5
clastrilla
in reply to: stapprich

Hi stapprich,

By default, in the obsolete state, the group "Everyone" has Read rights set to "Allow".

If you turn this off (note, dont click "Deny", just untick "Allow") then maybe add the Administrator user to have the Read right to "Allow", then Everyone wont see the drawings in the Obsolete state.

However, the problem still lies in that they see the last known "Released" file.

I realize this is a really late response, but I've been searching for an answer to the "still seeing last known Released file, even if current revision is Work in Progress" problem.

Message 5 of 5
wseaston
in reply to: clastrilla

Please note that what you are asking for can be achieved as this is what we required and our reseller has helped us achieve what you are asking.

Firstly, do you have a "webclient" user set up in your Vault as a Vault user? This is the first step. Once you have done that you can set the "webclient" user permission for obsolete files to deny.

This should resolve your issue of seeing obsolete files, however, the issue of seeing the last released revision for a file moved to Work in Progress is working the way we require it to.

(ie. If we released a drawing and then set it to Work in progress, we require that production continue to see and manufacture to the last released revision until the modifications are complete and the new revision is released for manufacture.)

Hope this helps a little.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report