Vault General Discussion

Vault General Discussion

fdefilippi1
Message 1 of 2 (103 Views)

Release standard components or not?

103 Views, 1 Replies
10-01-2009 01:11 PM
I have an assembly that I assigned item number to. The assembly consists of standard run-of-mill (fasteners, and electrical component), and the rest are parts I've designed. Next I want to release the entire assembly via ECO. When I select the assembly and assign and New change order number the standard components are listed as well as the parts I've designed. S
o the question I beg for answer is, does it make sense or not to list these standard components on an ECO form? My gut reaction is no, because who ever heard of ECOinc standard off the shelf parts.

Regards
Frank
Active Contributor
joyce.sheng
Message 2 of 2 (103 Views)

Re: Release standard components or not?

10-09-2009 12:37 AM in reply to: fdefilippi1
Hi Frank,

Thank you for your posting.

Do you want to release assembly item without its standard component? Item has a mechanism that parent item cannot have a released revison with non-released child. Since your standard component hasn't been released, it will be listed on the ECO. If this standard component has ever been released via item lifecycle, it will not be listed.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Joyce
Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.

Announcements
New button for Platinum & Gold Subscription customers
Gold & Platinum Subscription customers can alert Autodesk if they require assistance with their forum post

Manufacturing Community
The Manufacturing Community provides additional access to tips, tutorials, blogs and networking with peers.