Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Release standard components or not?

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
fdefilippi1
201 Views, 1 Reply

Release standard components or not?

I have an assembly that I assigned item number to. The assembly consists of standard run-of-mill (fasteners, and electrical component), and the rest are parts I've designed. Next I want to release the entire assembly via ECO. When I select the assembly and assign and New change order number the standard components are listed as well as the parts I've designed. S
o the question I beg for answer is, does it make sense or not to list these standard components on an ECO form? My gut reaction is no, because who ever heard of ECOinc standard off the shelf parts.

Regards
Frank
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
joyce_sheng
in reply to: fdefilippi1

Hi Frank,

Thank you for your posting.

Do you want to release assembly item without its standard component? Item has a mechanism that parent item cannot have a released revison with non-released child. Since your standard component hasn't been released, it will be listed on the ECO. If this standard component has ever been released via item lifecycle, it will not be listed.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Joyce

Joyce Sheng
Senior QA of AutoCAD

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report