Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reinstalling a botched Vault 2011 implementation

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
FRTech
243 Views, 1 Reply

Reinstalling a botched Vault 2011 implementation

One of our IT guys was installing Vault 2011 on a new file server at a remote location, He installed SQL Express 08 and the Vault software but said there was some problems and uninstalled.  He was then terminated for some things we found out about that he was doing.  Looking over the notes he had for this it appears he had to install SQL seperate from vault, he made many attempts and finally got it to go but then somethine else wasn't right (the back up fo the old vault server wouldn't restore properly or something) so now I'm trying to Install Vault on the server and I'm getting a "The Account AutodeskVault already Exists.  Please change it."  Is this a local account (on a server 08 R2 box?) we have one in AD for this but I don't see how the installer would know about that one if it's not looking in our domain.  if this is a local account how can I go about removing it so I can finish the installation?

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
4donwan4
in reply to: FRTech

It sounds like the SQL instance was already created.
If this is a new install (not an upgrade from a previous version of Vault), I'd remove the SQL instance and filestore (if it was created).
The ADMS precheck has links that will take you to the directions to fix that.

This ilso in the help file of Vault for more info.

Don

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report