Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refreshing a saved plotlist

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
katterbauer
327 Views, 4 Replies

Refreshing a saved plotlist

Hi,

if you crate a plot list with the plot manager and save the plot configuration to a file, the plot list saves the exact version/revision of the drawings - which is ok.

Help says that you are able to "refresh" the saved list and that the drawings from the list then update to the latest version of the drawing if you want to. i experience that the refresh button does NOT update to the latest version/revision of the drawings. does anyone have the same problem / does it work for you?

We have vault coll 2012 installed.

thx

klaus

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
carrie.ruan
in reply to: katterbauer

Thank you for posting this issue.

Please make sure there are differents between the saved version/revision and latest version/revision. E.g. File Name, Plot data, Thumbnail, or add/remove a sheets... we will add the latest verison of the file to the plot list auto.

So could you please give me detail workflow then I can try it?

Regards,

Carrie 

Message 3 of 5
katterbauer

Hi,

i changed the physical drawing between the different versions and revisions.

this results in updating the drawings automatically to the newest VERSION within the specific revision. It does NOT update to the latest version of the latest revision (it does not make a difference it the latest version is released or not).

to try:

1) create drawing - version 1, revision 1

2) save plotlist for drawing with version 1, rev 1

3) change drawing - version 2, rev 1

4) open plotlist - it opens with version 2, rev 1 ---> OK

5) release drawing, version 3, rev 1

6) take drawing in change again, change something and check in drawing - version 4, rev 2

7) open plotlist - it opens with version 2, rev 1 (OK in my opinion)

😎 use "Update" in the plot list manager --> still version 2, rev 1 (NOT OK, should be version 4, rev 2)

hope this helps,

klaus

Message 4 of 5
carrie.ruan

Hi klaus,

Thank you point out it. The workflows are very clear.  I also met the same issue.  The saved list does NOT update to the latest version of the latest revision. I have logged a defect to track it.

Regards,

Carrie

Message 5 of 5
tmayesPUD23
in reply to: carrie.ruan

i am having the same issue are there any changes with this? i am using vault 2018

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report