Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re-Index Properties - "Corrupt files"

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
karthur1
551 Views, 3 Replies

Re-Index Properties - "Corrupt files"

I added a PDF iFilter and then I have to run a Re-Index file properties.  I ran the reindex last night.  When I came in this morning it was complete.  When I look at the details, there is 11 pages of files that failed to reindex.  The majority of them say "The file is corrupt".

I just tried to open the first couple ones on the list.  They checked out just fine, but when I saved it and tried to check it back in, I get an error "Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation" and I can not check in.  Filesize for the ones I tried is around 354kb.

What I was trying to accomplish with the PDF iFilter did not work either.  I wanted to add the iFilter so that the Title from the PDF would show in Vault Explorer.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
karthur1
in reply to: karthur1

I applied Vault 2013 SP1 and I no longer get the target of invocation error when I am checking in the files.  I will do another reindex and see if the iFilter now works for the PDFs.

Message 3 of 4
r.smith1
in reply to: karthur1

Hi Kirk,

One ting you may consider is to increase the database timeout in the server’s web.config file.

C:\Program Files\Autodesk\ADMS Professional 2013\Server\Web\Services\web.config

<timeouts connection="120" defaultCommand="360" longCommand="1800" />

Increase the default command and long command – perhaps doubling the values.

Ron Smith
New Product Introduction Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 4 of 4
karthur1
in reply to: r.smith1

Ron,

I tried this:

<timeouts connection="360" defaultCommand="720" longCommand="3600" />

and...

<timeouts connection="360" defaultCommand="720" longCommand="5400" />

Problem still persists.

Kirk

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report