Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Open from vault" preview is black

14 REPLIES 14
Message 1 of 15
ChristianAGS
535 Views, 14 Replies

"Open from vault" preview is black

Dont know if this should be posted in the Vault Thread or the Inventor Thread, but anyway.

When I select to open files from vault in Inventor, the preview is black. This happpends to every file (iam, idw, ipt) I select.

Anyone have a clue what it can be ?

I use inventor 2012 with Vault Workgroup 2012

Attached a image aswell.

Thanks

Christian Andersen

14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15
cbenner
in reply to: ChristianAGS

Is there a visualization for the file in Vault?  When you checked it in, did you check the box to Create Visualization?  I've never seen this before, so that's about all I can think of right now.

Message 3 of 15
ChristianAGS
in reply to: cbenner

Thanks for the reply 🙂

Yes, I've checked the box to create the visualisation when i checked in the parts into the Vault.

But, as far as I know. this is a thumbnail, so it use the ipt, iam or idw to create the preview, not a dwf or any other file (correct me if im wrong).

Also, if there wasnt a visualisation file for that part, wouldnt it say "preview not available" or something like that in the preview field ?

At first I thought it might be a windows problem, since its a preview problem, but when I download the file to local computer and select it, the thumbnails works as it should.

Message 4 of 15
cbenner

Message 5 of 15
ChristianAGS

This happends to every file (not sure if it happens to those without the visualization file tho).

Thanks for the quick reply 🙂
Message 6 of 15
cbenner

Hmmm,... I've not seen this with any of my files, and I can't seem to recreate it.  I may see if any of my fellow EE's who work with Vault may know anything.  Or you could log a tech support issue on this.

Message 7 of 15
ChristianAGS

Thank you Chris. Gonna check out the tech support when I have time 😉

Regards
Christian Andersen
Message 8 of 15
Cadmanto

Christian,

I have not seen this as well.  A few thoughts though.

What do you have checked under Tools>options in the vault?

ICONS.PNG

Also, do you get previews of the parts within the vault?

Are your video drivers up to date?

Is anyone else in your department having this same experience?

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 9 of 15
ChristianAGS
in reply to: Cadmanto

I have exactly same boxes checked/unchecked as you do.

And yes, I can see the previews in the Vault Client,

I doubt its the video driver, since everyone who uses this Vault got that problem. I'm gonna download the latest compitable driver as soon as I have time.

-edited some spellings-

Message 10 of 15
ChristianAGS

Now I've updated the graphic drivers, and it the preview is still black.

Anyone have a clue on this ? Shall I talk to the tech support about it ?

Regards

Christian Andersen 🙂

Message 11 of 15
scottmoyse

If you check the file out, then check it back in with the visualisation file creation turned on, next time you look at it, does the thumbnail display?

Scott Moyse
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Design & Manufacturing Technical Services Manager at Cadpro New Zealand

Co-founder of the Grumpy Sloth full aluminium billet mechanical keyboard project

Message 12 of 15
scottmoyse

Have you tried this: http://forums.autodesk.com/autodesk/attachments/autodesk/101/21209/1/Thumbnail-Description%20Error.p...

Scott Moyse
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Co-founder of the Grumpy Sloth full aluminium billet mechanical keyboard project

Message 13 of 15
ChristianAGS
in reply to: scottmoyse

Yes, I've tried to check the files in multiple times and that doesnt change anythin.

Your second post seemed relevant, but I dont have ADMS installed, can this be it ? Im new to Vault and dont know what ADMS does.

Message 14 of 15
scottmoyse

The ADMS console is installed onto a server of some sort (Physical or Virtual), its what you log into when you log into your Vault Explorer (Client).

Sometimes when you are a one man band, or a reseller you may have the ADMS (server) installed on the same machine as you work on (Client). Generally resellers would have it running on a virtual machine in that scenario.

I'm scratching my head, because I'm sure I've seen something somewhere in the configuration of the Inventor Add-in, Vault Explorer or the ADMS console relating to thumbnails. I just can't see it anywhere anymore.

Scott Moyse

EESignature

Message 15 of 15
cbenner
in reply to: scottmoyse

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report