Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

questions concerning get files ; get/checkout iam's with idw's

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
je10020
239 Views, 2 Replies

questions concerning get files ; get/checkout iam's with idw's

Hello,

Three questions:

1.  Is there a way to automatically remove files from the workspace that have been obtained by the "get files" workflow? (This might be similar to using  "check in and delete copies" for files that have been checked out.)  I sometimes get files for viewing only.  After getting files in this way I have to manually clean my workspace using windows explorer/delete.  I'm afraid one day I'm going to erase too much (such as files I have checked out that are also in the workspace). 

2.  I'd like to "check out all" when working on assemblies and have idws come into the workspace with the component ipt's and iam's.  Can anyone describe how this can be done?

3.  Any way to "get" files of an assembly and bring the idw's of the components to the workspace - without checking out files?

(I'm using Vault Pro 2014 with Inventor Pro 2014):

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Winks87
in reply to: je10020

Have you tried the "Workspace Synchronize" command in Vault?  I believe it looks at what you have in the workspace and compares it to the Vault.  After a period of time (I'm not sure about this part) it will deam a file out of date and remove it from your workspace.  Other than manually deleting files, that is the only option I can think of.  Give it a try & post how it goes.

James Winkler
Message 3 of 3
Winks87
in reply to: je10020

Sorry, missed the last 2 questions.

2.  If you "check out all" when selecting the drawing file, it should bring all required files with it.

3.  See above.  If you "get" but not check out the drawing files, it will bring all parts required into local wotrkspace.  I believe this works when getting the assemblies - it brings the drawings with it.  I am using 2013 right now, I assume this hasnt changed for 2014?  Could a 2014 user verify this?

James Winkler

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report