Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Questions about Metadata in Vault

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
mphilipp
1109 Views, 2 Replies

Questions about Metadata in Vault

Hi there, I have some questions about Vault and metadata and was hoping some people on the board might be able to help me out.

I was able to confirm that Autodesk will provide a service to migrate metadata from an existing database into the Vault database. But I also want to know if you are able to sort and bind files in Vault according to their metadata. Also, can you build your own forms for users to fill out when they check in or check out a file? If this can be done, can the form be modified so it asks for certain properties in the order that you want? I know that Vault allows you to make your own properties, but can you populate vault with all of the properties from a different database? And lastly, are you able to search for a file by property but by using a list? I need to be able to find properties through a list and not by using a search function. And are any of these functions limited to Vault Professional only or could Vault Basic do the job?

If anybody can help with some of these questions, I would much appreciate it. Thank you.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Cadmanto
in reply to: mphilipp

I currently use Vault work group and I know what you are asking cannot be done in this version.

I know Vault Pro has a lot more functionality and maybe able to fulfill some of what you are looking for.

As far as the search goes, Vault can do a search by property, but not through a list.  Or at least the version I am using can't.  These are all very good questions, but you might want to direct these questions to your VAR.

They should be able to answer them better.

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 3 of 3
Redmond.D
in reply to: Cadmanto

Vault has an API that allows you to do most of what you want through custom programming.  API features like custom commands and events are available in Vault Workgroup and above.

Doug Redmond
Software Engineer
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report