Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question Marks...???

12 REPLIES 12
Message 1 of 13
Anonymous
477 Views, 12 Replies

Question Marks...???

I have a fairly big Arrangement which I got from Vault and I have been working on it for a cuople of weeks. All of a sudden when I tried to check it in today, I have question marks next to every file (including the Arrangement .iam) as if they all need to be added....???? I have restarted Inventor but still they have question marks next to them...???? Very frustrating considering I have made no new parts today.... ????

Anyone else seen this?
12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
Madhan_T
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

Please refer the following URL to resolve this.

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=10374707&linkID=9242019

Regards,
Madhan

Madhanagopal Thiruvenkatachalam
Principal Engineer
Engineering Escalation Team
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 13
Anonymous

This is a problem with ADMS...? This will have to be fixed by our IT....!!!!! Not happy...!!!

Is there any known issues with the Hotfix?
Message 4 of 13
Anonymous

We are running service pack 2 on Vault..? Does the Data Management Server have it's own (separate to Vault) service packs?
Message 5 of 13
Madhan_T

Hi,

Yes. You may find SP1 for ADMS 2008, in the following location.

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=10026858&linkID=9242498

Hope that helps.

If you have further questions, please let me know.

Regards,
Madhan Message was edited by: Madhan T (Autodesk)

Principal Engineer
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 6 of 13
Anonymous

Thanks Madhan,

byw do I need to log everyone off of Vault to apply the service pack to ADMS 2008?
Message 7 of 13
Madhan_T

No Need to. The service will be unavailable to the users until the patch is successfully applied.

On the client side, it is recommended to close all the application before applying the service pack.

Regards,
Madhan Message was edited by: Madhan T (Autodesk)

Principal Engineer
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 8 of 13
Anonymous

I have the same issue with vault 2009 (? on when large assemblies opened) data from IV 2008
Message 9 of 13
Madhan_T

Hi,

Could you please log a Support Request with us if you are on Subscription?

Regards,
Madhan

Principal Engineer
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 10 of 13
Anonymous

Madhan, We had our Local support Guy, access our sever remotely to apply the hotfix, and it did not solve the problem..?

Regards
Message 11 of 13
Madhan_T

Hi,

Well. I understand that this issue had been fixed in the hot-fix. If you were still seeing question mark in Inventor Vault browser, we would need to access your system and investigate further on this. You may need to request the support person to log a support request with us. One of our experts in Product Support team would be able to diagnose the system. Prior to this, I am assuming that you have done the following steps.

1. ADMS 2008 Server was updated with SP1
2. ADMS console was launched and all the databases have been migrated
3. The hot-fix has been installed on the server
4. The following has been run on the command line after the installation of Hot-fix

Connectivity.ADMSConsole.Exe -Ob2bmigrate -VUadministrator -VP rd> -DBUsa -DBPAutodeskVault

5. The Client System has been updated with SP1.
Please confirm that the above steps have successfully been carried out and update me if the issue persists.

Regards,
Madhan

Principal Engineer
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 12 of 13
Anonymous

Madhan, where exactly is the "The Client System" ? Not sure if number 5. has been done..?

"5. The Client System has been updated with SP1."
Message 13 of 13
Madhan_T

Hi,

My apologies...I meant to say that apply SP1 on the system where Inventor is installed.

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=10026858&linkID=9242498

The Service Pack 1 applies to Autodesk Vault 2008, Autodesk Productstream 2008 Client and ADMS Server 2008.

Regards,
Madhan

Principal Engineer
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report