Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

qualifying CAD applications

20 REPLIES 20
Message 1 of 21
mohnston
6039 Views, 20 Replies

qualifying CAD applications

First time Vault installer here. This is an experimental install on a virtual machine.

I installed Vault Basic 2014 Server and that went without error.

I am trying to install Vault Basic 2014 (Client) and I get an error saying "Installation cannot proceed because no qualifying CAD applications were found . . . ."

The machine has AutoCAD 2011 and 2013 both installed.

Do neither one qualify as a "CAD application"?

CAD Programming Solutions
20 REPLIES 20
Message 2 of 21
DarrenP
in reply to: mohnston

you need a 2014 cad product

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 21
mohnston
in reply to: DarrenP

Thanks for your reply.

I searched the documentation and this is not stated as a prerequisite.

The documentation should really be updated.

Message 4 of 21
ihayesjr

Actually the installation should have worked because you have AutoCAD 2013 installed.

Irvin Hayes Jr
Sr. Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Vault - Under the Hood Blog
Message 5 of 21
mohnston
in reply to: ihayesjr

What can I do to get it to work?

And on an unrelated note: How can I UN-accept the solution since it turns out to be inaccurate?

Message 6 of 21
ihayesjr

Fixed the Solution.

If this is really broken, the only solution would be to install a 2014 product.

I will have to check with my install team to see if there is a problem in the installer.

Can you also try and run a repair on the ACAD 2013 installation?

Irvin Hayes Jr
Sr. Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 7 of 21
mohnston

I had installed 2013 but had not started it.

I started it and let it initialize first run. Then I tried to install Vault client. Same error occured.

I repaired installation of 2013 and tried to install again. Same error occured.

Message 8 of 21
ihayesjr

Can you install ACAD 2014 to get it installed?

Irvin Hayes Jr
Sr. Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 9 of 21
Bill.Schmid

Irvin,

Can you comment on the forward / backward compatability of between Vault and Product Design Suite Premium and Infrastructure Design Suite Premium?

I've been told by my reseller that the move to 2014 is all or nothing.  This would mean we have to upgrade to Vault Professional 2014 Server, Vault Professional 2014 Client, Autodesk Product Design Suite Premium 2014 and Autodesk Infrastructure Design Suite Premium 2014 before anything will work.  We are currently running 2013 versions of all these products.

If this is true, it sounds like it would be a huge burden on a company with more than a few users and I can't believe any large company would stand for it.

Message 10 of 21
mohnston

I'll try to install 2014 and try Vault client again but it might be a moot point.

We are using 2013 and can't upgrade to 2014 for a while.

We have legacy code that will not work in 2014 due to the VBA 7.1/64 bit issue.

So much for the Vault experiment. Smiley Frustrated

The documentation REALLY needs to be updated to clearly state this requirement for Vault 2014.

Message 11 of 21
ihayesjr

Bill, forward compatibility means that an older client and add-in can connect and communicate to a new server.  In this example mohnston can install AutoCAD 2013, install Vault client 2013 and the AutoCAD 2013 add-in.  Upgrade the server to Vault 2014 and the ACAD 2013 and Vault 2013 clients will connect.  The downside to this is that the old clients will not be able to use new features provided in 2014.

For larger customers this allows them to upgrade their servers and upgrade clients as needed on a different schedule.  As long as the designers are not working on the same documents, some designers can be upgraded to ACAD 2014 for new projects while other designers can continue working with ACAD 2013 to continue work on current projects.

mohnston, I will get the documentation updated.  I can find it in older documents but somehow it was not carried forward.  So as stated above, you can work with ACAD 2013, install Vault 2013 and use your current VBA code while connecting to a Vault 2014 server.

Irvin Hayes Jr
Sr. Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 12 of 21
Bill.Schmid

Irvin,

Thanks for the info.  Forgive me if this information is in a matrix in a document somewhere.  I'm not aware of any.

I just want to make sure I understand our options.

1. We can upgrade our Vault Professional 2013 Server to Vault Professional 2014 Server and the Vault Professional 2013 Client installations will still work with it.  Is that correct?  I understand that there would be no upgraded functionality until the clients are upgraded.

2. Could we go the other way around?  If we upgrade our Vault Professional 2013 Client installations to Vault Professional 2014 Client, will they work with the Vault Professional 2013 Server?

3. Will Vault Professional 2014 Client work with Autodesk 2013 CAD applications?  (seems like it ought to)

4. Will Vault Professional 2013 Client work with Autodesk 2014 CAD applications?  (wouldn't be surprised if it didn't)

It seems like I might be able to try installing Vault Pro 2014 client and see what it work with, unless there's a chance it would do harm to the data on the 2013 server.

Again, thanks for your help and forgive me for beating this to death, but while we're very anxious to install the 2014 Autodesk CAD applications and start taking advantage of their new features, we want to make sure our upgrades go as smoothly as possible and that our data stays intact.

Message 13 of 21
ihayesjr
in reply to: Bill.Schmid

Bob,

1. Yes, there is a paragraph about this in the Vault 2014 Readme.

2. No

3. No.  The Vault 2014 client can be installed but it will not include a ACAD 2013 add-in.  The Vault 2013 add-in will need to be used with ACAD 2013.

4. No. You must have Vault 2014.

Irvin Hayes Jr
Sr. Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 14 of 21
Eydelmana

Did the same.

Virtual machine.

Windows 7 x64

Install Civil 3D 2014.

I installed Vault Basic 2014 Server and that went without error.

I am trying to install Vault Basic 2014 (Client) and I get an error saying "Installation cannot proceed because no qualifying CAD applications were found . . . ."

And have the same problem with Vault Basic 2014 (Client).

Message 15 of 21
karthur1

@BIll.Schmidt wrote:
3. Will Vault Professional 2014 Client work with Autodesk 2013 CAD applications?  (seems like it ought to)
@ihayesjr wrote:

3. No.  The Vault 2014 client can be installed but it will not include a ACAD 2013 add-in.  The Vault 2013 add-in will need to be used with ACAD 2013.

Irvin,

You are saying that if he has ACAD 2013 installed, then he would be able to install Vault Client 2014?  (He would actually end up with both VC 2013 and VC 2014).

That is the setup that I am currently using now. I have a machine that I am trying to install the VC 2014 on and it gives me the "....no qualifying CAD application found..." error.

I have issued a support case (#09033041) against this.

Kirk

Message 16 of 21
ihayesjr
in reply to: karthur1

Kirk,

What I am saying is that if he is using ACAD 2013, he will need to install Vault 2013 to get the Vault add-in for ACAD 2013.  Then he should be able to install Vault Basic 2014 client.  If the Vault Basic 2014 client is prompting with that error then it is a problem in the installer that cannot be fixed since the installer is on disc.  To work around the problem, install ACAD 2014 then install Vault Basic client 2014.

Irvin Hayes Jr
Sr. Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 17 of 21
aasselin

Hello,

I am trying to instal Vault 2014. I have AutoCAD 2010 on my computer. AutoCAD 2014 is not listed as a requirement in the Vault 2014 list. How can I proceedc with instal without upgrading CAD. The error message I am receiving is as follows.

"Installation cannot proceed because no qualifying CAD applications were found. Please ensure that one or more qualifying applications are installed before installing Autodesk Vault basic 2014."

I would appreciate any information you have on this matter.

Angele Asselin

Message 18 of 21
DarrenP
in reply to: aasselin

you don't you need a 2014 product

DarrenP
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 19 of 21
aasselin

Hi, 

Thank you for your reply. In that case, do you know what this error message is and why I am getting it?

"Installation cannot proceed because no qualifying CAD applications were found. Please ensure that one or more qualifying applications are installed before installing Autodesk Vault basic 2014."

Best,

Angele

Message 20 of 21
DarrenP
in reply to: aasselin

the vault install is looking for a 2014 product ex: autocad 2014 or Inventor 2014
it can't be LT

DarrenP

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report