Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PW vs Vault Summary?

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
randyspear6624
2242 Views, 1 Reply

PW vs Vault Summary?

We are looking at moving to a data management system at work. We've had presentations from both bentley and autodesk and we are pretty confident we will be moving to projectwise over vault mainly because it has more integration with the various software packages out there.
The people approving this purchase still have the notion that the one we decide on will be the end all solution to data management, correspondence and external collaboration. I believe both are good products that will require a series of detailed workflows and still won't solve all our problems but will definitely help us out.

Right now we have approval to pilot one program and I'm trying to document our reasoning for choosing PW over Vault.
I had provided an evaluation of both products a few years ago but I was wondering if anyone could help me out by listing a few pros and/or cons for newer features that I may have overlooked for either program.

Thanks.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

There are alot of features about Vault that work great, especially with Autodesk and MS-Office applications.  But the one thing that gave me the power to switch our company from PW to Vault, was that Bentley was going to stop supporting Projectwise with AutoCAD for us.  So glad they did, because the Vault was a seemless transition.  Also, one thing that made me question PW funtionatlity was, users only were checking in the 'parent' files and leaving the 'x-refs' on there hard drives.  Vault won't allow you to do that.

John Laidler
AutoCAD, Inventor and Vault

Please use "Accept as Solution" & give "Kudos" if this response helped you.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report