Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Property Definitions - Cannot modify "Requires Value"

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
RobRidings2
445 Views, 5 Replies

Property Definitions - Cannot modify "Requires Value"

We've been modifying some of our property definitions, but when I check in the files I still see the original property definitions even though they've been changed.

For example, I have removed "Material" from being associated with our category "CAD Drawing" yet when I look at a file of this category "Material" is still present and shown as being a required value (see attached)

Has anyone got any ideas how to solve this?

For info, I have already ran the reindex on the ADMS console.

Inventor Pro 2021 Pro
Vault Pro 2021 Pro
Revit 2021
Navisworks Manage 2021
Windows 10 v1909, 64-bit
Intel i7-6700K @ 4.0GHz
64GB
Nvidia Quadro M4000
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
luttena
in reply to: RobRidings2

Hello,

Thank you for posting this issue. The reason you are seeing this behavior is because of the way properties are added and removed from files. By removing the association of the property to the category, you have not removed the property from all of the files that already had the property. In addition, the property will not be removed the next time they are checked in.

To remove this property, you can select the file (or files) and select the add/remove command. Now that you have removed the association from the category that the file is in, you will see that the 'remove' command will be available.

Any new files that are checked in and assigned to the 'CAD Drawing' category will NOT have the property.

Regards,

Adam

Adam Luttenbacher
Sr User Experience Designer
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 6
RobRidings2
in reply to: luttena

Hi Adam,

Thanks for taking the time to reply to this and what you said makes sense.

One quick question though is that when you say use the add/remove command do you mean the add/remove button that appears at the top of the properties grid?

Cheers,

Rob

Inventor Pro 2021 Pro
Vault Pro 2021 Pro
Revit 2021
Navisworks Manage 2021
Windows 10 v1909, 64-bit
Intel i7-6700K @ 4.0GHz
64GB
Nvidia Quadro M4000
Message 4 of 6
luttena

Hi Rob,

No, that add/remove will determine what properties are shown in the properties grid. The command I'm talking about is in the 'Actions' menu and is called 'Add or Remove Properties'.

Regards,

Adam

Adam Luttenbacher
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 5 of 6
RobRidings2
in reply to: luttena

Hi Adam,

Thanks for the quick reply!

That's great and just what I needed.

cheers,

Rob

Inventor Pro 2021 Pro
Vault Pro 2021 Pro
Revit 2021
Navisworks Manage 2021
Windows 10 v1909, 64-bit
Intel i7-6700K @ 4.0GHz
64GB
Nvidia Quadro M4000
Message 6 of 6
luttena

Great! Also, the same rules apply when you create a new association to a category. Any file in the Vault that belonged to that category does not automatically get the property. The Add or Remove Properties command can be used for that as well.

Adam

Adam Luttenbacher
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report