Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Property compliance

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
tegstette
325 Views, 2 Replies

Property compliance

I am experiencing some strange things in our Vault and I am searching for the problem.

Some days ago we did a search in Vault for "Property complianse" is "Noncompliant equivalence" and got thousands of hits not just for Revision, but also for some custom properties and we could see the red mark at the custom property that indicated that this value was noncompliant. But suddenly a few days later we noticed that we no longer had noncompliance for any custom property any more...!? We still have a few noncompliance for revision, but not for one single custom property...

So now I am trying to figure this out... I have not been able to trigger noncompliance on custom property... I have edited properties in Vault, comparing properties in vault vs the inventor-file, tried different mappings, etc. but I cannot seem to trigger this again...

So does anyone know how noncompliant equivalence for custom property can occure and how it is possible to trigger this for custom properties?

I would really appreciate some clues to this Smiley Happy

Best regards
TG

Autodesk Inventor/Vault Professional 2021
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
mikel_martin
in reply to: tegstette

Its actually pretty hard to get into this state in newer versions of Vault.

We used to have this scenerio much more often.

Right around 2012 we did a lot of work on properties and were able to plug many of the holes.

Mainly you would get this issue if you have had competing mappings (two Vault properties mapped to the same file property). Or if there was a problem Indexing on the server durring check-in.

I also believe you may get that in the event that a re-index is inprocess, for files that have not been re-indexed yet. Which might have been what you saw in your first search.

Mikel Martin
User Experience Architect
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 3 of 3
tegstette
in reply to: mikel_martin

Thank you for your answer!

Our Vault has been out of operation for 1 week now and we have been working night and day trying to figure this out. We have set up 3 different servers for testing.

Long story short... - Seems like the validating-process of the backup have deleted thousands of properties!!!!!? After restoring the ordinary backup from the day before all our (noncompliant) properties are back!!!

Now our focus is to get the systems up running with the backup from that Thursday, so we can start working again - without loosing thousands of properties... We will loose work done on last Friday (but we will try to set up a test-server with the backup from Friday and try to locate the files missing).

Do you have any explanation for the lost properties on the validated backup?

(This problem is related to my earlier post: Problems update Vault and lost property values)

Best regards
TG

Autodesk Inventor/Vault Professional 2021

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report