Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Properties Grid

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Stemdriller
373 Views, 5 Replies

Properties Grid

Hi

I am trying to insert properties from the Behaviours/Properties area to the Properties grid (System) and viceversa remove ones that we don't use.

Can this be done??

Gareth

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
olearya
in reply to: Stemdriller

Hi Gareth, 

What version of Vault are you using?

Allan
Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 3 of 6
Stemdriller
in reply to: olearya

Hi Allan,

We have Vault Pro 2011

Message 4 of 6
olearya

Hi Gareth,

OK, wanted to be sure before I led you down the wrong path - there are 2 parts to this:

The property Grid on the right of the window shows all the properties associated with that file(s), not necessarily all that is available through the admin tools.

If you create a new property and associate it to a file category, it will not appear on a file unless it is newly checked in to Vault or its manually added to the file (Actions - Add or Remove Properties). So using Add/Remove you can change what properties are associated to the file.

You are never able to remove a system property but you can hide properties - at the top of the property grid you should see "+/-" buttons that allow you to add or hide properties from the grid, not affecting the properties associated with the file, just whether you see them or not.

I hope this helps.

Allan
Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 5 of 6
psaarloos

Hi Allan,

Where is the information about hidden properties in the property grid stored.. Is it stored in a xml file? If so, can you point out the right file? I want to distribute this file so all users have the same properties displayed in the property grid..

Thanks!

Regards,
Pim

Regards,
Pim Saarloos
Product Manager
If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. Kudos are much appreciated!
Message 6 of 6
yuhui.zhang
in reply to: psaarloos

hi Pim,

it's stored at C:\Users\<OS user name>\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\Autodesk Vault Professional <version>\Objects\Preferences.xml

Hope it helps

Fay Zhang
Software QA Engineer
Data Management
Autodesk, Inc.

Be sure to check out the Vault Help Wiki!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report