Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Project Templates and Security

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
randyspear6624
421 Views, 6 Replies

Project Templates and Security

We're underway with a vault pilot project and it seems many of my concerns have proven to be valid. Despite being reassured during the demo/sales pitch that there were solutions to them.

My main concern was that we would be able to create a template project with securities applied to the various folders to be used an initial project setup going forward. That doesn't seem to be the case. I know I can drag and drop a blank folder structure into vault client but there are no securities applied and it's quite slow at even processing blank folders.

Our implementation rep seems to be focused solely on Civil 3D projects, lifecycles, and role based security but we are a multi-discipline firm and besides the traditional CAD/Desgner/PM/Admin roles, we need "lateral" security as well. (ie. securtity between Civil Designer and Arch Designers, etc.)

I understand I can just create more roles and groups but what I really need is default project template with the lateral security applied. Security will always be tweaked on a project to project basis but this would save us time and prevent us form overlooking setup.

How do you handle this? 

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
cbenner
in reply to: randyspear6624
Message 3 of 7
randyspear6624
in reply to: cbenner

We're using 2014 Vault Pro.

What i mean by project template is when we start a new project, instead of manually creating our standard folder structure in vault (or dragging it in from Windows Explorer) we simple start from a template which would create all the folder and have the default securities applied to all the subfolders.

Message 4 of 7

The folders are easy It's the security I don't know about. Check out these 2 Vault add-ins from the Exchange store.

http://apps.exchange.autodesk.com/VLTC/en/Detail/Index?id=appstore.exchange.autodesk.com%3adataworks...

http://apps.exchange.autodesk.com/VLTC/en/Detail/Index?id=appstore.exchange.autodesk.com%3astandardf...

Brendan Henderson

Web www.blhdrafting.com.au
Twitter @BLHDrafting

Windows 7 x64 -64 GB Ram, Intel Xeon E5-1620 @ 3.6 GHz
ATI FirePro V7800 2 GB, 180 GB SSD & 1 TB HDD, Inv R2016 PDSU SP1 (Build 210), Vault 2016 Professional Update 1 (Build 21.1.4.0)
Message 5 of 7
bjzhangzx
in reply to: randyspear6624
Message 6 of 7
randyspear6624
in reply to: bjzhangzx

That's it! But how do I get it?

Message 7 of 7

after looking into this a little more it seems this add on is only available from autodesk's consulting service.

I'm blown away that this feature isn't available OTB or even as an app. Had I known this earlier I would have dismissed vault as an data management option right off the get go. Way too much admin time will be lost.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report