Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Project file and all other files "edited out of turn"

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
340 Views, 2 Replies

Project file and all other files "edited out of turn"

Hi all,

I have set up a Vault fo the company that I work for, and everything has gone very smoothly. All clients are able to check in/edit/and check out files with no problem. The workspaces are working great, and we have only encountered one minor problem.

Including the single-vault project file, all files downloaded from the Vault are considered "edited out of turn" immediately, without even opening them (let alone editing them).

One of my theories behind this is that it may have something to do with us not using true local workspaces. We have mapped each users workspace to a server for back-up reasons. I have tried creating a new project file, checking everything out and then checking in as a new version, and none of these attempts have been successful.

Thank you for and advice and insight,

-Fischer

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
mikel_martin
in reply to: Anonymous

If the files get modified in anyway then Vault beleives the file to be different.

Some back up systems and/or virus protection systems modify the files durring the process.

Mikel Martin
User Experience Architect
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 3 of 3
mark.cloyed
in reply to: Anonymous

I am also seeing this occur with a vault containing AutoCAD files.  I have a released drawing.  If I use the Get command, I immediately see the file as 'edited out of turn', simply from the download.  If I delete the local file and use Get again, it again immediately shows as edited out of turn.  Why does this occur?  I am seeing this in VP2013 with SP1 and updates 1 & 2 installed. 

Thanks,
Mark

Regards,
Mark Cloyed
IMAGINiT Technologies

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report