Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems update Vault and lost property values

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
tegstette
360 Views, 7 Replies

Problems update Vault and lost property values

Hi

Seems like we have lost a lot of data in Vault during an upgrade... We have had problems with propertymappings etc. and wanted to try an update and a hotfix. We had edited properties on thousands of files in Vault with the property editor. Many of these changes were only done in Vault and not updated on the inventor files yet (not checked out, update properties and checked back in). On friday we had ca 12000 files with noncompliant equivalence. 2500 of these was nonequivalent revision. The others were custom properties.

Then we updated the Vault server and clients 2013 from (17.2.9.0) SP1 update 1 to SP1 update 2 and hotfix DM173210 (17.3.2.0)

After this update we only had the 2500 files with nonequivalent revision...

What happened to all the rest of the noncompliant equivalence custom properties? Seems like they are gone...?

Then we restored the sql and backup to before the update (17.2.9.0), but still it seems like the information is gone... We still have only the 2500 files with nonequivalent revision...?

Is it possible that information can be lost this way during an update?

And is it possible that even after a full rollback/restore of an old backup the information is lost?

In the log-file we did have a lot of errors like: 4/28/2014 10:54:04 PM Could not validate resource '111979.ipt' version 22. Located in the filestore at C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\VaultServer\FileStore\Vault\000\000\000\000\000\456\456790\456790_947331_22.ipt.

If someone have any suggestions or good adivce, we would really appreciate it...:-)

Best regards
TG

Autodesk Inventor/Vault Professional 2021
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
tegstette
in reply to: tegstette

I have one spesific question I hope someone can help me with. I suspect that I have lost unsychronized properties during my update. And I want to check this.

I want to go into my old backup and find a custom property on an ipt-file and compare what (unsyncrhonized) information Vault has for the same file on the same backup. Is this possible?

E.g. I want to find one spesific ipt in the file-store

FileStore\Vault\000\000\000\000\000\456\456790\456790_947331_22.ipt.

If I look at the iproperty on this I will find what custom properties is on this file before synchronized with Vault. E.g. custom property CategoryNumber is "blank" on the inventor-ipt-file. This part I can do.

My challenge is to find what the information is stored in Vault for the same file???

Are there any creative people out there?

Best regards
TG

Message 3 of 8
tegstette

For future ref

If someone has similar problems, I will inform that after one week of searching and testing it seems like the validating-process of the Vault-backup done before we upgraded has deleted thousands of properties. I know it seems very unllikely, but after one week of extensive testing/searching this is our only explanation...

Best regards
TG

Message 4 of 8
mikel_martin

If you beleive you are losing data from an update operation I would highly recomend that you contact autodesk support ASAP.

If this is a problem we will want to try to resolve it for you and make sure that it is not a problem for others as well.

Mikel Martin
User Experience Architect
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 5 of 8
tegstette
in reply to: mikel_martin

How do I contact Autodesk Support to report a case like this? Never done it myself directly to Autodesk before...

Best regards
TG

Message 6 of 8
mikel_martin

You should be able to contact them your subscription acount.

http://subscription.autodesk.com/

If you have any trouble let me know.

Mikel Martin
User Experience Architect
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 7 of 8
tegstette
in reply to: mikel_martin

Thank you! Found the Technical Support in my Subscription accountSmiley Happy

Best regards
TG

Message 8 of 8
tmoney2007

I'm going to take a wild guess and say that the vault migration process reindexes the files rather than migrating the property table to the new schema.

The recommendation is probably going to end up being to reload your old backup,... sync properties on all of your files, then restore again.

I'm not from support, I'm just guessing at what the answer will be.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report