Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems after upgrading from 2012 to 2013

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Bsmithiii
386 Views, 4 Replies

Problems after upgrading from 2012 to 2013

Our office just upgraded from autodesk 2012 to 2013, in doing this we upgraded out vault server.  To upgrade the server, we backed up the existing database, then unistalled vault 2012, we then installed vault 2013.  Then we migrated the database.

Now when we connect to vault 2013 from inventor 2013, we do not get any content center libraries, but if we connect to vault 2013 from inventor 2012 we can see all the content center libraries.  How do I make there libraries available to the inventor 2013?  We have no need to maintain there availablity to inventor 2012.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
olearya
in reply to: Bsmithiii

Hi there,

Did you actually install the Inventor 2013 Content Center in ADMS?  You need these installed to access the content from 2013.  Any custom libraries can be migrated from 2012 to 2013 but standard libraries need to be installed from the new media.

Allan
Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 3 of 5
Bsmithiii

Ok talking to my IT guy, we backed up the old database, and then he retored it, over righting the new database.  Can i export the custom Libraries from the current database and re import them such that they migrate to 2013?  and can i reinstall the default libraries without overrighting the current database?

Message 4 of 5
olearya

Hi,

Sure, to migrate custom libraries you simply need to copy these to 2013 and install the new 2013 libraries from disk  You can then remove any old libraries you are not using.  Full details can be found here on the Wiki:

http://wikihelp.autodesk.com/Vault/enu/Help/Help/0097-Administ97/0098-Autodesk98/0109-Manage_C109

Allan
Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 5 of 5
Bsmithiii
in reply to: olearya

thank you,

I am up and running now.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report