Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pro Engineer WF 4 & Vault 2011 Handling of Family Tables

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
aquenne
533 Views, 5 Replies

Pro Engineer WF 4 & Vault 2011 Handling of Family Tables

Hello, 

We are using Pro/e WF4 & Vault Pro 2011. I have a basic question around why when doing a Get/Checkout on an instance of a family table, Vault severs the relationship between the instance and the generic, and simply copies the <instance>.prt into your user workspace.

What vault should actually be doing is when you perform a Get/Checkout on an instance, you get the <generic>.prt.

Is this standard vault functionality? 

If the user checks out and makes changes to the <instance>.prt those changes are not reflected in the generic as the generic is not in session and does not see the relationship of the family table. It looks at the disconnected <instance>.prt as a standalone part.

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
aquenne
in reply to: aquenne

Any help?

Message 3 of 6
aquenne

Is no one from Autodesk able to provide some insight into this problem? Thanks.

Message 4 of 6
josecastro

To Autodesk. I have same problem, is possible Autodesk post some answer  to customers about this problem?

Message 5 of 6

It seems that no one here familiar enough with Vault - ProE workflow.

I asked a question here years ago about ProE file property mapping and nobody replied. Too bad.

If Vault can't really handle ProE (or Solidworks) files properly in the first place, please take the feature out of the sales brochure. It cause trouble eventually.

Message 6 of 6
cbenner

As far as I know, the Vault plug in for Pro E is limited to storing files. It is not meant to be a true data management tool for Pro E files. When I loaded the plug in last year, what I read made it fairly clear that when using this tool, all file relationships would be lost. It is only meant as a tool for dumping files from Pro E into the file store. I use it strictly for legacy data.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report