Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Previous Revision on Released .idw

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
wimann
230 Views, 1 Reply

Previous Revision on Released .idw

So I'm uncertain how much of our process was out-of-the-box with vault and how much of it was set up within our company but here's how it works:

An inventor drawing (.idw) is checked in to vault. It is then given a category based on it's purpose. Once a category is assigned, a revision will be given (Vault defaults to "A" but in this case we'll say "0"). Our process is that once a drawing is signed, the .idw is moved into the "Document Control" state (from the default "WIP"). Then once the drawing has actually been sent for fabrication or other, it is then moved to the "Released" state. Then if the drawing needs a revision, it is moved from "Released" to "WIP" and the revision automatically bumps to "1". Here's the issue:

On occasion, due to the accelerated nature of our work, a drawing is moved from Released to WIP with the intention to revise and then, at a later time, the revision may be deemed unnecesary. This creates an issue with our vault file tracking as now the drawing is listed as WIP at rev 1 when it should be Released at rev 0. Vault, to my understanding, does not allow a user to manually change the revision number back to 0 once it has gone through the released state.

Is there a way to do this? Is there something I'm missing? Advice? Thoughts? Ideas?

Thanks,

-Will Mann

Inventor Professional 2020
Vault Professional 2020
AutoCAD Mechanical 2020
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
tmoney2007
in reply to: wimann

You could move the automatic rev bump to the WIP to Doc Control transition.

This way, it will be there when the drawing is ready to be sent out, but if the file is put into WIP in error, they can move it directly from WIP to Release with skip over the rev bump trigger.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report