Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plot released doc only

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
tunjung.kertopati
273 Views, 2 Replies

Plot released doc only

Hi,

I'd like to restrict plotting from Vault Pro to released status only docs. Is it possible to make such restriction? Or should I sort them manually? 

If possible, how to do that? 

Thanks! 

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Nah it's not possible.  Even if it was, it would be easy for people to get around.  There'd be nothing to stop someone opening Vault, selecting a WIP drawing and downloading that into their local workspace... then printing from the CAD client which would be exempt from any Vault restrictions.

Depending on who you're wanting to restrict plotting with, if they're not engineers/draftys you could remove their Vault Client and give them access via only the web/thin client.  There's an admin setting there which forces it to only show Released data, so they won't see WIP stuff, meaning they can't print anything other than Released stuff.  

The only other option I could think of is a little 'involved' to get set up.  Again it depends on the restrictions being applied to a group of specified people, and restricting what they can see in full Vault Client using lifecycle security.  But you can't just apply a global setting to stop everyone plotting WIP files, as far as I know anyway.

Message 3 of 3

Hi Neil,

Thank you for your explanation. I will discuss this further with my customer.

Best regards,

Tunjung Kertopati

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report