Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plot Manager useless

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
edonline69
288 Views, 1 Reply

Plot Manager useless

Hello All,

Pardon the subject, we upgrade from Vault 2009 to Vault Workgroup 2010. We paid for the 3 seats for the plotting capabilities of VW instead of keeping with the free limited version of Vault. Short story it doesn't work the way it should. Here's the problem:

After the autodesk tech used the three days to upgrade/migrate everything from 2009 to 2010(Inventory & Vault), we attempt to batch all plot related .idw files from an assembly. Everything works great so far. Page setup shows up correctly etc. The issue is when submitting the batch to print to the sharp copier/printer, the copier asks what "paper" to use for each file. For which I have to tell it to use the which paper size I know that drawing number is(i.e. Ledge 11x17 or letter 8 1/2x11).

Note that when I print from Inventor 2010, Design Review etc. I do not have to tell the copier what size to print. It gets it from the page set up.

The tech created an issue report with autodesk but i thought i would try here. Any thoughts?
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
peter667
in reply to: edonline69

Dear Ed,

Your post is a little older, so I hope you have found a solution by now, and hope you'll share.

We have the same problem with Vault Professional 2013 and our Sharp MX2600N printer, i.e., printing to Sharp directly from Inventor gives no problems, printing from the Vault Plot Manager creates an error code on the Sharp display: Load Extra Paper,  Type Normal Paper. The Plot Manager seems to be unable to tell the Sharp which size paper to use.

Printing to other printers from the Plot Manager,such as a HP LaserJet or even CutePDF goes faultlessly.

Thanks in advance, kind regards, Peter

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report